GoKunming Forums

Empty beer bottles

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Is there a collection service for empty beer bottles, or a place to drop them off? There are approximately 300 empty beer bottles in our storage room and my girlfriend asked a few shops what to do with those and was told to just throw them in the bin. I'd just like to know first if there are other options?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Recycle man on a bike or Recycle store in many corners who buy cardboard, plastic and glass bottles. You must be new to China.

Thank you. There's actually a recycle store nearby, but I only saw them dealing with cardboard and metal. Will ask them for bottles.
I used to return them to stores in Beijing for 0.5rmb a bottle. I just thought it was the same here.

GoWest (12 posts) • 0

Here you get only 5 or 10 fen,,the beer prices are not supported here in Kunming as much as they are in the capital

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

They use the beer bottle to put in fake beers and sell it to the Bars and KTV's at a higher price.

Well, thank God I don't visit those places, and instead get drunk when I am alone at home, during the day.
Do they wash the bottles well? I can see mould forming at the bottom of older bottles.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

I believe that most things in China get recycled, eventually. If there is money in it, there is a large enough urban poor population who will separate the glass to sell on. Most of it ends up in roads.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I've seen on the news major busts on beer and baiju. They use the empty bottles and put another beer other than the one that is on the label and sell it.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Yes there is recycled/fake beer.
BUT
All fake beer goes in recycled bottles - does not equal - all recycled bottles go to fake beer industry.

Related forum threads

Login to post