GoKunming Forums

China Is a Top Choice for Expats

atomic (156 posts) • 0

China Is a Top Choice for Expats - NYTimes.com- The pollution is choking, the traffic clogged, and the food scares range from toxic bean-sprouts to the use of gutter oil in restaurants. Not to mention that this one-party state has a shoddy human rights record with no free press. So why is China fast becoming one of the most desirable locations for expats to live?The answer is money. This month, China ranked 7th in HSBC's 2012 Expat Explorer Economics annual survey, up from 19th the previous year.

latitude.blogs.nytimes.com/[...]

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Most (80%) of the expats who live in China are older (age 50) and NOT here for the money. It is my opinion that they come to China where they can live more comfortably then in the USA. I know many over 65 who live off social security in China without working. This can NEVER be done in the USA. Go to any McDonalds in the USA and you will see many retirees working because their Social Security is not enough.

Another reason expats come to China is to get away from the Toxic (GMO) foods which the FDA claims is NOT harmful. Nothing like a raid on organic farms and labeling them as terrorists or taking them to court because GMO crops blew into their farms so now they are guilty of IPR violations.

As for traffic, I lived in Orange county in California and there is no worse traffic then I-5 on any given day.

As for Human Rights, look at what the USA does to protestors and the thousands of people who are incarcerated without trials and labeled as terrorists. Recently, a former Marine was put in a Psych ward for a comment he put on facebook that was claimed to be threatening, yet news anchors openly say on camera that Julian Assange should be assasinated.

Yes, China has one party, but the govt is NOT trying to cull the population or imprison them. As for the USA, between chemtrails, GMO foods, mandatory vaccines, and the highest rate of incarceration and the medical mafia who does not allow alternative medicine, the 2 party system is much worse. This is why many alternative Medicine Hospitals are now located on the border of Tijuana, Mexico. I wonder why Ron Paul can NOT get into a debate. 2 Parties? Obama and Romney - I dont think that is 2 parties.

As for free press, when 5 billionaires own all the press and only print what they want, I do NOT see this as Free Press. Especially now that many alternative media sites are being shut down. Case and point - Press TV has been shut down because it does not march to the beat of the NWO drums.

I think these are the REAL reasons why China is quickly becoming a haven for expats who have awakened and want to get out of Police State USA.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

china may be better than the us in many respects, but it ain't paradise. the article is right. most cities in china are so polluted and congested that they're unliveable. beijing has been ranked as the place with the worst traffic in the world, i think. and it's also one of the most polluted. and i think a fair amount of foreigners live in beijing.

everyone is always comparing china to the US. china and the US aren't the only 2 countries in the world. 2 wongs don't make a white.

last time i was in thailand, the internet wasn't blocked. looks promising.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Like the USA, China is a Big country. Fortunately, I live in Yunnan where the air is relatively clean, not in Beijing.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO, I'd like to suggest that you be cautious with those so-called "alternative" news sites. They seem to focus only on the doom-and-gloom and sometimes tend to exaggerate the negative stuff.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO You my friend are informed as oppose as those sheeples. They call Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura, Alex Jones, Celente conspiracy theorist because they speak the truth. We are in a very bad situation globally and it's about to get much worse. Although China is not paradise, at this time it's okay.

Related forum threads

Login to post