GoKunming Forums

Is it possible to start studying in the middle of Autumn semester?

Aniara (2 posts) • 0

Hello!

I was wondering, is it possible to start studying in the middle of a semester at a University or School that can issue a student VISA?
How flexible are the schools regarding this?

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

at a language school this is no problem at all, as long as you pay the money! just make sure you sit in on some classes first to make sure they have one that is the right level for you. don't know about the universities.

Aniara (2 posts) • 0

Can you recommend me such language schools in Kunming that is licensed to issue student VISA? The more recognized by the government the better because i will apply for student loans from my government and this requires that the school is acknowledged by the Chinese government in some way.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Try Keats or TenWest. The info. and numbers are on this website.

DiegoDave (16 posts) • 0

TenWest is great! I've been a student there for just over a year. Albert is the owner, he will take good care of you. All of the teachers are very good.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

My thoughts

In answer to your main question, the schools here are very flexible and anything is possible - they want your money.

If you are looking for funding from your own government, they may require that you go to a public sector school/university. Only your own government can answer this question.

What will you be studying? Is the next question.
If it is Chinese, and you are a true beginner, unless you are truly gifted in languages you would most probably not be able to catch up. There are no links with latin based languages, and as such there will be few areas of similarity with your mother tongue to draw upon (unless you know Japanese). The universities study with a 'Chinese' learning pace and stlyle, which often means lots of night study to keep up, this is a reason why catch up is so difficult.

DiegoDave (16 posts) • 0

Tiger is correct if you are joining a class.

Go for one-on-one and it doesn't matter when you start. It's a little more expensive than being a part of a class, but you will advance much faster. One-on-one is well worth the money for the motivated student.

I've only attended TenWest here in Kunming so I can't speak to the other language schools. You can PM me if you want any specifics.

Related forum threads

Login to post