GoKunming Forums

Water pressure troubleshooting

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Most of the pipes have calcium deposit problems, eventually blocking the pipes.
The buildup occurs quicker in the hot water pipes.

There's usually a flexible connection from your hot water tank to the pipes going in the walls to your shower / sink ect..

Open the connection, open the taps, using compressed air blast out/remove all or most of the water.

Wear goggles.
Pour in liquid toilet cleaner made to remove calcium buildup and plug the opening, let set aprox 1 hour, it will foam and spurt.

Reconnect, flush thoroughly.

I'll have the product's name that I used next week.

Wallmart, Cheap, 8 rmb / 750ml?, plain white cylindrical plastic bottle blue/ grey lettering, picture of western toilet, flip up squirt nozzle.
This stuff is liquid, not gel.

Many different kinds on the market, you can test on any cement or calcium buildup on your floor, if it foams it works...

....This procedure was preformed at Think UK, 10 year old building...the hot water in the kitchen was almost non flowing.
Major flow difference, like new.

ludwig (104 posts) • 0

That sounds like a very Chinese recipe for me. It works, so it must be good.

Who cares that you just put a whole lot of toxic chemicals into your water supply. And possibly burned away the sealing inside your hot water boiler.
Looks clean, of course. Must be ok then. Particularly for that price.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

@mike4g_air

I do not recommend you do this! Bad idea!

Introducing caustic chemicals into your water input will contaminate your drinking water. Even flushing it will not remove it all. You will poison yourself.

Also, once you loosen the deposits and they flow through your water pipes, they will lodge themselves in the water valve seats, screen filters, and any vacuum pressure relief valves in your water system. Now you have created more expensive problems than before replacing all these items.

Ask yourself why a plumber would not just pump chemical into your pipes to fix them. Simply it is NOT the method to repair calcified pipes.

DIY repairs are great, but you better know what you are doing before you jump in.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Thanks for your concern but..

I don't drink tap water and you shouldn't either.

Calcium is dissolved completely, no residue to clog whatever.

Inject down flow/ after the hot water tank, nothing goes inside the tank.

Chemicals go into Dian shit lake no matter if you unclog your pipes or clean your toilet....

I did this last year, it worked fine..... not rocket science...basic chemistry. All these chemicals don't effect PVC plastics.

It's not my building, so it wouldn't have been my problem if something would have gone wrong.....seems familiar eh?

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@mike4g_air, while what you said is true, your lack of concern and conscience speaks for itself. All I could say is, Yikes!!!

bucko (695 posts) • 0

@ mike4g_air
I Do drink the tap water. But my whole house has a water softener, filters, and resin purification system.

It is environmentally incorrect regardless whether you care or not.

There is more to the dissolved solids than just calcium.

It does and will damage cater valve seals. Since your are only a renter, maybe no biggie.

Related forum threads

Login to post