GoKunming Forums

I Need a Good Moving Company

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

I am interested in relocating from Shandong to Yunnan, and I am looking for a reliable moving company to relocate my stuff. Some of it is rather bulky. example:

Washer, Dryer, Fridge, air conditioner, gas range, bicycles, queen sized mattress, closet and all the other typical living stuff.

I am particularly concerned about moving my appliances. I bought them all new in the last six months, and don't want them getting dented, scratched, dropped etc.

Are there any reputable moving companies in China that can transport my things from point A to point B without destroying them?

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Hi, one thing to watch out for is many truck companies will use different trucks for the journey, so your nicely packed belongings may be transfered (roughly) to a different truck in a logitics centre on the way. If you can rent a container and make sure it goes all the way to Kunming it would be much better for your things.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

We have used Asian Express (AE) Movers twice now. Not cheap but good. You need to go with a big company to get proper relocation services.

Others in China include Allied Pickfords, and Santa Fe. But you need to check if they will move from your city to KMG. They may only do international from larger cities. The second time we moved between two tier 3 cities with AE.

Yes, that's the one.
They also have an offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, one of which may be the best first point of contact for you.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

I sent them an e-mail to ask for an estimate. Hopefully it won't be too crazy. I only have about 20,000RMB worth of stuff, so I may have to consider just selling and rebuying if the moving cost is too high.

I am also considering a company called "TieTong" as they said they would come to my home and build wooden crates for my appliances. Anybody have experience with them?

The only other thing that might help you is that the shipping cost is usually calculated by the cubic meter, plus extra fees for heavy items, or packing of breakables. It might speed things up to measure up and estimate.

I know with AE they pack things very well in bubble wrap and this increases the shipping volume. Super secure. Items that you pack yourself are not insured.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +2

Tell me Stitch. How do you come across a 9 year old request and find it necessary to answer it?
You think poor Anonymous Coward is still stuck in Shandong?

Related forum threads

Login to post