GoKunming Forums

Recommend Chinese download?

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good download (or stream) for some Chinese TV program, like maybe a series or something, which would be good listening practice for a Chinese learner. I recently downloaded a load of episodes of Empress in the Palace - but to be honest it's too difficult for me because the language is all very formal (being set in the emperor's palace). It would be better to have something which is normal day-to-day spoken mandarin, but good putonghua.

Or if anyone can recommend any other downloads which would help in learning Chinese, please do share. I personally would highly highly recommend getting hold of Chinesepod. I've got about 15gb of podcasts, along with PDFs, which have been a really invaluable companion to my school studies. If you pay for the subscription you get a load of other resources which I guess must be useful as well.

Also if you go into the Itunes store and type "Chinese [or Mandarin] podcast", you get a load of free stuff which is useful to listen to when you're in the gym or whatever.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Try youkou.com. Like you tube for China. There is lots of vernacular Chinese being spoken and there are songs, the lyrics of which will be searchable.

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

cool thanks, i didnt know you could get these kind of sites in china. i don't understand why they block torrent sites like isohunt and pirate bay, but then they let you access sites like these where they have loads of pirated movies (many which are obviously dodgy cam versions).

Related forum threads

Login to post