GoKunming Forums

101 Good Reasons to live in China

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Ok, I just took a quick glance at the prison planet link.

About taking photos of police, I'm not exactly sure it would go over too well here either if you did that.

About the TSA, I agree.

Well, I'm glad good ol' Alex Jones has decided to bring God into the mix.

The article claims: Some say God is already judging America, and that she is reaping the consequences of generations of fabricated wars, imperialistic military occupation of world nations, the widespread abuse of animals and ecosystems, and even an increasing number of mindless abortions performed each year.

Yep, congratulations Alex Jones. I underestimated you. You're spot on.

Everything is karma. People have their own individual karma. And nations have karma. And the US is reaping the negative karma right now.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Magnifico Remember China is a communist country. It never claimed to be the land of the free. So coming here I expect limited freedoms. It's like if I go to North Korea (never gonna happen). I only posted the link to share how ridiculous it's getting in my motherland. It really is becoming a police state in many ways. It's not fully there but slowly they are making it a reality. I don't follow any religion so the God thing, to each it's own. We (the USA) need to take care of our own citizens and stop trying to be the policemen of the world. It's a sick world we live in today. We seem to be headed to repeat the mistakes of our past.

I don't follow any religion either.

Here's some good news for you:
www.oneworldchronicle.com/?p=8431
a "global political awakening," in combination with infighting amongst the elite, is threatening to derail the move towards a one world government. — Brzezinski

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Knowing how to find out the truth has become a difficult task nowadays because articles and celebrities send mixed messages that confuse rather than clarify. Some christian groups write some excellent articles but when they begin to talk about rapture and the second coming they lose me. However, I must control myself and Not throw out the baby with the bathwater and take the truths and put aside the things I do not accept. David Duke, Ted Pike and a few others are good examples. I do believe that a growing number of people are beginning getting their information from other sources (Not MSM) and are learning to separate truth from fiction. This is a difficult task and we should all understand that no one is perfect. David Icke was ridiculed 20 years ago but now he seems more credible and has a larger following. However, I do not think everyone truly accept 100% of what he has to say. That is for each person to decide. Some people I do believe include Bill Cooper (killed), Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell and David Duke. Again, I do Not accept 100% of all that they say.

This forum needs a conspiracy thread. Ha ha.

www.dailymail.co.uk/[...]

He once claimed he's the Son of God and the world is run by alien lizards, but the story of David Icke's marriage breakdown is almost as weird.

One of the reasons Pamela Leigh Richards split up with David Icke, according to her, is that he became suspicious that she is a shape-shifting alien.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Just to start up this positive thread again (thanks Hugo for starting it!) because there is too much negativity on GoKM, I think we can try and get to 121! This thread is highly entertaining as well, I recommend some newer people read all these good things if they are feeling down.

102 - You can walk/bike anywhere you want in the mountains and nobody really cares (unless they have dogs protecting their "patch", very rare and usually vegetables, or they are protecting a forest from being burned down). Plus when they meet you, they usually are very surprised/amazed/shocked and happy all at the same time!
103 - Kunming and the higher parts of Yunnan have a multitude of great places for high altitude training. When you go back down to sea level you feel like you are 6 foot off the ground when running/biking.
104 - Cycle touring in China is both challenging and highly rewarding if you get to the right places (plus Kunming is where cycle tourists come to get away from it all and end up just meeting other cycle tourists, which makes us cycle tour more)

More?

Related forum threads

Login to post