GoKunming Forums

E-bike restrictions

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

in that case your bike is not registered and cannot be registiterd and is illegal, like many others. but if siezed, tough luck baby.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

They started the regular checks since the middle of the Spring Festival. During that time, you had the option of paying 50rmb if you couldn't show the required papers. It looks like the sanctions have become tighter.

atomic (156 posts) • 0

Yes dazzer, yours is not my first warning. Most of the time the old ebike just sits under the apartment complex (minus the batteries), waiting for my now infrequent returns to Kunming. My attitude is that if they want to confiscate it then they are welcome to the old dear, but in the meantime I see no point in not using it when I am in town

blueice (73 posts) • 0

well, if you have a second hand bike like that, i hope you never get stopped and checked, but maybe you can play the foreigner card? =)

it's a good idea to keep both a copy of the fapiao and the id used to buy the ebike with the bike at all times because they are clamping down on this (like yankee said) since around spring festival.

Related forum threads

Login to post