GoKunming Forums

Wicker Basket - North

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

This was in the mail yesterday. Anyone know why? This was the one place I could take any visitor and they liked it... :(

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (特别通知)

Beginning Monday September 4, 2012
201294号开始
THE BEI CHUN WICKER BASKET WILL NOT BE SERVING MEALS
北辰馨香烤屋将不会服务饭食

WE WIL L STIL L BE SERVING:我们将会继续服务
●Fresh baked goods新鲜烤的物品,
●Groceries食品杂货,
● Frozen Food冷冻食物
●Coffee and Drinks咖啡饮料
●Light Menu Items容易的菜单项目

NEW TEMPORARY HOURS OF OPERATION
新的暂时的工作时间:
MONDAY – SATURDAY星期一-星期六
9:30 - 19:30 (9:30 AM上午- 7:30 PM下午)
WATCH FOR FUTURE ANNOUNCEMENTS
观看将来通知

Willy53 (10 posts) • 0

The Wicker Basket North Restaurant has temporarily discontinued serving dinner due to a shortage of staff. Unfortunately, other new comers in the local restaurant scene think it is ok to recruit workers from the Wicker Basket, rather than go through the hard work of recruiting and training people themselves. Though it is not illegal it is unethical. Another close competitor has opened a restaurant using almost the same Chinese name and is making baked goods from recipes stolen from the Wicker Basket. It is a compliment in once sense to the Wicker Basket, normal in China but has resulted in reduced business offerings from the Wicker Basket.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

China steals things and ideas. It's their culture. It's okay with them. When something is good they steal the idea and try to say it's theirs.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

TIC

Unless you adopt the local business ethics you will struggle. Hard for a Christian outfit to do. If the staff are that loyal, you could steel them back.

Concentrate on your USP. Build your brand as the genuine artisan baker, and make sure your face is seen by as many customers as possible. Market yourself as a baker. Do some advertorial in the local press.

There is nothing to stop you promoting yourself in the neighborhood of the competitors. You must be 100% ready and up to speed again, fight fire with fire.

Willy53 (10 posts) • 0

Thanks Dazzer. We are actively working on the staffing problem. On the good side, the present conditions will help us be better and wiser business people, produce better products and provide more for our workers. It is a temporary bump in the road. We are not alone

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

You might ponder as to why an employee, after you have trained him/her with marketable skills, decides to leave. More money? A perceived notion of poor treatment?

What is being done by Wicker Basket is highly commendable. Persons with handicaps and limited skills are given employment and marketable skills. This benefits not only the individual but society.

It would seem that as a trained employee leaves and moves on to a better situation, better pay or better conditions, the opportunity to hire and train a new person would be welcome.

If your motive is to make money you have a bitch. If your motive is to give disabled persons a leg up and more opportunity then you should take pride in being successful.

I shop at Wicker Basket North as I, a non-Christian and non-religious person, appreciate what I thought was a dogooder effort that made sense. Now that I get the impression that employees that leave are disloyal and are being shanghaied by competitors, I need to rethink where I spend my yuan.

GoWest (12 posts) • 0

Staff leaving a company is very normal, its when they leave without giving their agreed notice time or enough time for their employer to replace them that it becomes an issue.

Related forum threads

Login to post