GoKunming Forums

Bikes

Sundancer (38 posts) • 0

Does anyone know of a used bike shop near Think UK. Nothing too fancy just for shopping and exercise? However, I used to be a bike messenger so if there is a great used bike there then.......

debaser (647 posts) • 0

a couple of the shops near the universities on 121 street sometimes have second hand bikes or there's a section on Taobao.com with some decent ones if you want something a bit better. alternatively, most shops have some fair mountain bikes for under 1500. if you just want a single speed 'city bike' then there's a huge place behind Wallmart in Xiaoximen (don't know the street name - just follow the road around to the right when facing the front and then turn right... it's BIG). just avoid the supermarket bikes!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The Xiong brothers will sell the mountain bikes they rent out. Varying types and all used. But they are a high end shop, and they maintain their rentals well, so I don't think one goes for less than 700rmb.

www.gokunming.com/[...]

Walmart has a new mountain bike for as little as 389rmb. But it's pretty heavy and not for a big laowai body. Same price there will get you a nice new single speed city bike with basket and rack.

joshwa (67 posts) • 0

Related— where could I go to get my cheapo bike outfitted local-style? E.g. if I want to find a big wide plastic crate, bungies, one of those clip-on umbrella holders, etc?

I plan to poke around xiaoximen tomorrow, but any other leads are appreciated!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@joshua

I lot of this sort of stuff often is sold in and around the local wet markets. You get the guys selling stuff off the back of a bike or trike. There are big woven (from plastic straps) baskets and panniers out there as well.

Related forum threads

Login to post