GoKunming Forums

Non-smoking bar or dance club WANTED

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

My nostrils and lungs have a low tolerance for smoking clouds of Arsenic and Lead.

Could anyone recommend a bar or dance club in Kunming.

Even if smoking is allowed, a well ventilated suggestion would be appreciated.

I've been living here for 2 months and I'm getting tired of not hanging out.

Dan

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Hi Spartans, I know the problem.

There is a section of WenLin Jie at the bottom end of the hill, where the sidewalk is elevated above the road. Some of the bars here have tables on the elevated section.
There are some bars in Beichen, including Prague Cafe (Beichen branch) that have a verandah on the pedestrianized street.

You will always get some smoke, but you can often sit upwind of it.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

The Prague Cafe may have no smoking signs posted, but the two times I went there people were smoking.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@Ouyang

Same everywhere in China :-(
But at least in Beichen you can sit outside or in the open french windows, if the wind is in the right direction.

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

Yeah thanks for the reply, been there to Prague and I always sit outside. For the most part it was pleasant.

Any other places?

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

In Beichen, Samoana and Wicker Basket are no smoking inside and both have outside seating as well.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

As far as dance clubs, forget about it! They are all heavy filled with smoke and loud, loud music. If you want damage ear drums and your lungs filled with smoke those are the places to go.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

You can call or write a message to the mayors Hotline (12345). They will resolve your problem within 3-5 days. There are many rules but they are not enforced. If you call the hotline, they will enforce the rules. They will levy fines and give you a reply on the action they have taken.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

We've called the mayors hotline before. Relief was only temporary and the offending situation was quickly resumed!

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

The only way systems like that work is if people keep complaining and the Mayor's office is inconvenienced enough for them to want to afford permanent relief.

The flip side is that night clubs are usually owned by local criminals. It would be wise that you are not the only one complaining.

Related forum threads

Login to post