GoKunming Forums

DVD shops closed?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

As for parking and licensing, I too have seen tons of parking squads giving tickets. I have also seen an increase in the police who stand at the side of the bike lanes with those long, frightening poles.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I guess the foreign dignitaries will not be coming to my neighborhood. Cars are still parking on the sidewalk, or even driving on them.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Got a parking ticket a month ago. Caught up to the guy who issued it and asked him where the sign was saying parking was illegal. He took me back to my car and showed me the bottom of a sing post of which the top was completely covered with branches and foliage. When asked to show me the actual sign (it could have been anything really) he walked around the post a few times but was unable to spot it through the greens. I asked him to suspend the ticket due to improper marking but he refused and told me it wasn't his job to trim the trees -big surprise there. At this point some 10-15 bemused locals had gathered around, trying their best to spot the sign but clearly unaware of which rules and regulations had something to say about the matter. In the end the rent-a-cop just walked off instructing me to go pay within 24 hours. I told him to go catch some thieves, took a video of the scene and still hasn't been to the traffic police headquarters.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@Danmairen

Technically, you are only allowed to park in designated areas that are marked by a yellow rectangle and attended by a meter maid also in yellow. Any other public space is deemed illegal to park regardless of whether there is a sign or not.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have had tickets that do not lead to a fine, on Wenlin Jie. The first ticket had text on it to say that it was a warning. I was told by a local that you get two warnings and then you get fined.

Related forum threads

Login to post