GoKunming Forums

Meeting women in Kunming

Needles (4 posts) • 0

Is it easy for young male expats to meet the local women? Or are we generally considered 'undatable' due to local controversy or cultural differences, etc?

Also, my mandarin is still at the beginners level - so would it be a problem finding either a girl who will date my regardless of my mandarin and level and possibly help me improve or a girl who can speak English?

Thank you - don't know what to expect with Kunming since it's such a smaller place, so all your help is very appreciated!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Meeting girls is not the problem. Meeting the 'right' girl is. Some girls think all foreigner have money. Some girls think being with a foreigner is 'cool'. Some girls want to experience 'the foreigner'. No, you won't have a problem meeting a girl regardless of your mandarin level. Just post an advert here and you will see what I mean. As always be careful and use protection if you are gonna have sex. Good Luck!

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Honestly, just go to any bar or cafe on or around Wen Lin Jie, and Chinese women will hit on you. I am not trying to sound sexist or like an ass, but it is simply true.

vivi082 (6 posts) • 0

I'm just wondering if u are charming enough, you won't be troubled by such funny questions. It might just for fun that Chinese women "hit on you"

Related forum threads

Login to post