GoKunming Forums

Donkey Meat

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I have heard that there are some Muslim donkey meat restaurants around Kunming. Has anyone ever tried one? If so, which one do you like? I am keen to try some.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

It's not Muslim, but I pass by a very popular minority restaurant that serves a donkey hotpot. I've never tried it myself.

This link is where it is. Pretty sure that's the restaurants name.

maps.google.com/[...]

Past the 2nd ring road, you start finding more restaurants that specialize in donkey. I passed one with three very nice looking donkeys tied up in front (felt sorry for the animals, but they looked like they had a good life and were well taken care of). It was on the road to the Yunnan Agricultural University, up north a bit further.

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

There are several donkey meat restaurants in Guandu Old Town, they're easy to spot due to their big donkey posters, and Guandu Old Town by itself is easily worth a visit.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

It's tender and tasty. Look for (lu) in the name of the restaurant. That's donkey.

The one I go to is a block south of Dongfeng donglu 东风东路 west of Xiao ximen 小西门。 Turn south on 三合营路。 The restaurant is on the first corner on your right. I forgot the name, but if you can't find it, I can post it later.

ditu.google.cn/[...]

A block further on the same side is an excellent Daiwei restaurant.

傣家竹楼

地址:五华区三合营路66
电话:0871-3618908

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

There is a very good Donkey hot pot restaurant directly accross from the entrance of the Kunming Zoo.

Blaquesmyth (10 posts) • 0

If they are serving donkey meat then they are not real Muslims. it is considered haram (unlawful in Islam) to eat or serve donkey meat.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I went to that hot pot place across from the old zoo. While I enjoy a good piece of ass, I did not care for the donkey. Perhaps it's because I'm not fond of hotpot.

Related forum threads

Login to post