GoKunming Forums

Kunming Good Eats

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Add your favorite places to eat in Kunming. More detail is better but add whatever you can. If it's not in Wenhua Xiang or Beichen, even better! I'll start.

Name: 台湾巷子口
Style: Taiwanese
Phone: 0871-3649156

Review
It's a new Taiwanese cafe behind JinBi. I've had their fried chicken cutlet rice plate, and it was very high quality ingredients. I'll admit I've had better in Taiwan, but for Kunming, the taste and quality was better than most places. For 18rmb, you get a large fried chicken cutlet well seasoned, lots of rice, some excellent veggies, a soup, and a fried egg on top. To finish the whole plate, I usually come very hungry or after a work out. The food comes out fast and service is pretty good and place is very clean by Kunming standards. Also, they serve this great guqiao tea. My only complaint would be that the rice and egg aren't served hot, but this never stops me from wolfing down the meal.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I like the Xinjiang Tianshan Muslim Restaurant. I spent 3 weeks in Xinjiang and the food at Tianshan is pretty close. Also compares well with Uyghur joints in Beijing. 羊肉串, the 5 sticks, are great. The la mian is huge. Go hungry.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Philou
I haven't tried that one. My roomate said there is a similar place around Beichen like the one I listed above.

@Geezer
I only rode by the place and tried the lambsticks they had grilling outside. I'll go back now to give that la mian a try. Wouldn't mind getting a taste of authentic Xinjiang or close to it.

@blobbles
The listing section for food and drink just brings up an alphabetical list. Clicking on reviews just brings up a time dated review of all things. Plus it's dominated by reviews of the usual suspects.

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

That blog of ours that I've advertised before is all about good (okay, and shabby) eats in Kunming; kunmingsshabbiest.blog.se/

The best place we've been to so far is Zhào Xìng Yuán on 37 Yongle lu, close to TCG Nordica. Another personal favorite of mine that's not on the blog yet is Lanzhou Fengwei Ganroumian, a muslim hole-in-the-wall on Yieryi dajie, close to YNU and YNNU.

DAY DREAMER (24 posts) • 0

Thai cuisine on the 18th floor of Sakura Hotel.

Dai restaurant DAI FENG YUAN on the second floor of 汇都国际美食城on Baita Road - they use clean oil and my only trustful cold dish place.

Related forum threads

Login to post