GoKunming Forums

Lost Garden Restaurant

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

I know that my haters like Magnifico will get all bent out of shape by this post, but I will say in advance that I have used Google maps to find the Lost Garden. But on Google maps, the location is not specific enough. It is sort of between two street areas. So yes, I am asking if someone might be kind enough to tell me how to get there from, say, the Green Lake Hotel area. Again, I have used Google maps already, and I know that area fairly well, but I do not know precisely how to get there. Thanks if anyone can help, and Magnifico, please just ignore this post if you do not like it.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Actually, this place is pretty difficult to find. I had to have someone show me. Can't help since I haven't been there in a while, but you're off the hook for asking for directions for Lost Garden.

Their site has map, but still not going to be easy. Best to offer to buy someone a meal to show you :)

lostgardenguesthouse.com/location/

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

Thanks Alex. I think that map helps. I will give it a try at least tomorrow for the brunch. Ever been there?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Another "Help me, I'm lost. I need a map / Culinary" thread. Exactly what the forum needs. Ha Ha!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Yeah yeah, buy me a meal, I will show you :-)

There's lots of alleys around there, easy to get confused. You could just keep looking around them. The building looks like a standard Chinese older small tiled building. Its kind of only visible as the lost garden when you are directly outside the entrance.

dtedheshidtedheshi (46 posts) • 0

Hi, David from Lost Garden here. AlexKMG said it best. If you look at the map on our website, you should be able to find it. From the Green Lake Hotel, if you leave from the main entrance, go left and then take the first alley to your left. Follow it as it veers right. Take a left at the next street (HuangGongDongJie). Walk up the hill and take your first left into a small alley. Right in front of you is a sign that says lost garden with a red arrow. Follow the arrow by veering left at the first small alley you come to. Walk 50 meters and you're there. If you miss that sign, you'll just walk around a small circle alley and come upon us anyway. Yes, we're a bit hard to find, but as the crow flies we're super close to Green Lake Park. Brunch starts at 11:30. See you there.

Crazy.laowai cannot read a map. Nor can he follow simple directions. Can someone hold him by the hand and take him there? He'll buy you a coke!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I remember the sign being very small and high up, and there being a clutter of other signs around it. So look hard and high for it. It does help.

crazy.laowai, if you do ever manage to find the place, please make sure to review it. we base our dining choices on your insightful reviews. we cling to your every word.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.