GoKunming Forums

Kunming rainfall

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I found a website that lists the rainfall in Kunming since 1942.

www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/Kunming/567780.htm

The years with the highest and lowest rainfall are listed below:

HIGH – 79, 80, 81, 83, 86, 94, 97

LOW – 82, 84, 87, 88, 09, 11

Interesting to note that the highs and lows were almost consecutive between 1979 and 1988.

I got some conflicting info regarding the number of reservoirs in Kunming. Not sure if there are 7 or 8 reservoirs.

DISTRICT - NAME
CHENG GONG - SONG MAO
CHENG GONG - GUO LIN
PAN LONG - JIN DIAN
PAN LONG - SONG HUA BA
PAN LONG - SONG HUA BA
XI SHAN - MING LANG
XI SHAN - SAN JIA CUN

Hope to get some news regarding the recent rainfall and the effects on the reservoir levels

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I plan on biking by the Jin Dian reservoir later this week. It was 99% dried up two weeks ago, but we have had some rain since.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

It is very difficult to get legitimate statistics regarding this issue. I am really looking for the maximum capacity of each reservoir. So far, I only know that Yun Long capacity is 484 mcm - million cubic meters. Even in chinese websites it is difficult to get info regarding the recent rainfall.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I just received the latests stats on rainfall from the Kunming Meteorological Bureau in Chengong.

Jan=16 mm, Feb=0, Mar=36, Apr=14, May=147, and Jun=142 - Total 355 mm.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO
Thanks much - I was kind of wondering what our status was. Although a single good year doesn't relieve our drought issues - it's a good sign we're on the way.

Did anyone notice stores like Carrefour are putting in waterless urinals (ok...just you males would notice this)?

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@laotou

If we all went outside and took a leak against a tree or wall, how much water do you reckon we'd save by not flushing?

Related forum threads

Login to post