GoKunming Forums

Samsung Galaxy SIII cellphone

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Has anyone bought this cellphone? Where is the best place to buy one and how much does it cost? I don't want to buy it online since I would like to see it and touch it before buying it. I've read the reviews and this phone would be great as a gift. Any input would be appreciated.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

AFTER you see & touch AND if you know how to spot the genuine sellers vs the fakes - taobao.com is the best place to start. Otherwise Kunming has "telecom street" where most of the telecom storefronts play. You can also check out the China UNICOM stores - they're now somewhat prolific after decades of neglect.

@laotou That's the problem. I would like to hear from someone who actually bought it at a location where it is 'real' and the seller(s) are genuine. Taobao is a great site once you know which seller is legit.

TICexpats (207 posts) • 0

@ luimingke, so often we see this, a Laowia who thinks he is a IP whiz, nerd that can buy or/ and build a super powerful computer for "dirt cheap", a top end cell phone and for some bazaar reason they think it's going to be the real components or deal. Morons from out of space they are fresh off the boat.
They honesty and naively believe they will get and will know if it's genuine by looking at it and buying it for next to nothing in China, it's so comical. they get so defensive once you caution them

Geezer (1947 posts) • 0

Went to the China Unicom store on Bai Yun near Beijing Lu today. Not a place to shop for phones. Very few on display and did not recognize the brands. Did see "Galaxy SIII" banners/signs at the mobile phone market on Dong Feng Xi Lu but did not go and look at them. I am uneasy about buying anything there after being shown iPhones for 800rmb a few months back.

@geezer Thanks for sharing your experience. Iphones for 800RMB is clearly a red flag.

AlexKMG (2361 posts) • 0

www.valuewalk.com/[...]

Probably out of stock in most official Kunming stores. In China, I wouldn't buy it anywhere except at official stores. If your heading to HK, that's the place to get it, but stock might be limited, so you would just pay a bit more for it.

Another reason to buy it in HK is since this is an Android phone, the carrier (and in this case the country too) has a lot of discretion over the operating ROM. Unless you have the technical skills to reflash correctly, this matters quite a bit.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27468244

Login to post