GoKunming Forums

An English speaking Physiotherapist in Kunming.

Paul Carr (14 posts) • 0

I know this is a big ask but I was wondering if there is an English speaking Physiotherapist in Kunming. I have a sore knee. A physio might be able to identify the source of my problem and suggest solutions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Same question, 7 years on, but for a different medical reason. Does anyone know an English speaking physio in Kunming?

dolphin (509 posts) • -2

you don't need an english speaker. just find a chinese person to go with you to translate and buy them a nice dinner. just point to the knee!

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

I'm forced to take my wife with me when I need medical services.
She does all the talking (not translating).

It's rare that someone actually asks me a question.

Her ability to translate accurately is limited.

I believe it's for that reason that people want an English speaking therapist, not a friend who may or may not translate accurately.

Aside from that, there's also the issue of privacy, which Chinese people don't seem to care about.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Ha! Privacy. I have been into a pharmacy looking for meds for 'La duzi'. Basically one member of staff shouts across the shop full of people, "What medicine for the laoweis la duzi?" Or words to that effect.

fanghuo (14 posts) • +2

Kunming LIH Skycity Rehabilitation Hospital

They have a listing at GoKunming

www.gokunming.com/[...]

I went there last year for neck and back issues. During the initial interview with the doctor, they provided a translator.

I seem to recall they had a Polish therapist who speaks English.

Related forum threads

Login to post