GoKunming Forums

Scooter Mods

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

Any scooter fanatics know where I can get some scooter mods done, especially adding lights for safety?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

This is Kunming. I think lights and safety might be illegal here. Also, when riding a scooter, make sure to go through the red lights and ride in the opposite direction to traffic, otherwise you'll confuse people!

In all seriousness, do anyone know a place to, for example, get an extra battery put in my scooter for greater range, etc.?

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

AlPage you forgot the mandatory sidewalk cruising. And then there is the oblique short cut through the pedestrians bravely crossing streets in the zebra zones. Note the sidewalks seem to serve as concentration zones so drivers can aim at the greatest number of people.

Geezer, to be fair, some sidewalks are also bicycle lanes. The little bicycle sign points to the sidewalk in certain circumstances.

pmort (19 posts) • 0

I got an extra battery put in, I just went to a scooter sales place, bought an extra battery and then got a random guy with a scooter workshop to install it, took about an hour as he had to rework some of the frame for the battery to fit. Make sure you buy a new control box that will match your new voltage (an aluminum box with a bunch of cables coming out, you can get these at most scooter workshops, if this blows then your bike shuts down and your wheel locks up, at the moment I think you can up to 72v without too much effort, beyond that things get tricky (specially order a bigger control box and motor off taobao). Also make sure you have the right charger for the new voltage.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

I bought my scooter about 1 year ago and it have 80v, the seller told me before i purchased that it's not really legal to ride above 64v. But anyway i liked that scooter, no problems so far. TaiLing (the Brand) even have a big service shop around my corner, they fixed my tire for free and made all two tires practically bulletproof... :) without me bringing receipt (really good service). There are small repair shop's all over Kunming. If they dont have what you need, they can also order it for you i guess. For parts i can confirm Taobao (淘宝) is a good place to buy. But if you dont have a scooter already, i would recommend to buy a strong one (big battery and such) in the first place.

Related forum threads

Login to post