GoKunming Forums

Searching for: fabric

anne_kmg (16 posts) • 0

Hi,

I am looking for shops selling fabrics - and no, i am not thinking of the "hello kitty" type of stuff, but rather of the "11 Furniture" style.

As I just moved to Kunming, so can you please tell me the exact location of the shop(s), i.e. a street rather than the neighborhood.

Thanks a lot!

JessicaBaker (78 posts) • 0

Try looking on taobao. Everytime i cant find something i look for it on taobao and have been able to find everything from cotton toy stuffing to crochet needles and yarns so they should have fabrics :)

anne_kmg (16 posts) • 0

Cool. Thanks for the info and the map Annie

... do you also happen to know which bus might take me there leaving from around the Green Lake area?

annierui (9 posts) • 0

Yes, take No.100 at Yunnan Daxue Station to Pan Jia Wan (潘家湾) then change to No. 127 and get off at Da Shang Hui (大商汇). If your new here, better take a taxi to get there directly and come back by bus. :) taxi will cost you around 20-30 yuan I guess. Not sure if the fabric vendors there can speak English. So good luk Anne. haha, our names are similar.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@annierui

Is this a store, a fabrics market, or a normal market with fabric vendors?
Is Da Shang Hui the name of the market, or just the neighbourhood?

annierui (9 posts) • 0

@tigertiger
It's a market selling all kinds of home decorations, including lamps, fabrics, tiles etc. Fabrics are sold in an area of this market. I suppose you'd better ask some people there to find the fabric area. If I'm right, the fabric area sits at District D. Da Shang Hui is a little bit like Luo Si Wan (螺蛳湾) I think. Ask them "Bu liao jiao yi qu (布料交易区)", they will tell you the right direction. This is a glimpse of the fabric area. times.clzg.cn/html/2010-04/30/content_126125.htm Is this the right place you want?

Related forum threads

Login to post