GoKunming Forums

Chinese cooking classes

BexBex (4 posts) • 0

Hi,

I'd love to join the local cooking class (If it is possible)? and may have 2 other people interested also.

My email is: bec.r@live.com.au

Jessie in Chengdu (10 posts) • 0

Hi, it looks like new people getting interested after the thread stopped for a while. Sure, I'm still here offering the classes. We moved to a bigger apartment with big kitchen! Pls do not hesitate to contact me if you are keen. Come to try. Enjoy cooking and enjoy the food!
PS. For more information and how this works, pls check those earlier threads. Any further questions, pls feel free to ask as well.
Thank you.

Hi bluppfisk, in short, I ask for 100 RMB all inclusive for each person each time. Some people may say the food doesn't cost that much or many Chinese can teach foreigners how to cook and as a matter of fact they may happy to offer for free. However, in my case, the price includes lots of preparation in advance and teaching the knowledge and cooking skills side by side and of course the cost of food as well. Besides, English recipes of each dish are sent to participants after class for them to practice at home. For detailed informtaion, I think my plan is still there on this topic page 3 and 4 fyi. Thanks.

BTW, the time is quite flexible, mainly depending on my participants' wishes. Usually, they make an appoitment first, so I can go shopping and prepare accordingly. Then they come for classes and make another appointment of next session.

Hi, I'm back! In the last two years I "disappeared" and people read this thread sent me emails now and then asking about my cooking classes. Well first of all, I'm so sorry to those who tried to contact me but didn't get a timely reply. During the period I stopped cooking classes, I was pregnant and delivered my baby girl and have been busy with nursing her and look after my pre-school son as well. Anyway, thanks for those who interested and my old participants’ support.
Yes, I’m back and ready to re-start again. This time, we have a bigger kitchen not that big compared to western ones, but bigger than normal Chinese apartments. And we have a cozier home for those participants to stay to eat together after classes.
Some mostly asked Q&As according to mails I got
1. How many participants?
Two to four participants each time. Compared to one to one, the more people join the more fun we have, more dishes to teach and we eat afterwards like having a mini party.
2. How many and what kind of dishes will be taught?
Each section, I teach two to three dishes depend on how difficult the dish is to make. Chinese food only as this is called Chinese cooking classes. Easily applicable for participants to do it without my coaching at home
3. How long does a class take?
It’s hard to say how long. Based on the past experience, we spent 1-1.5 hour to cook and enjoy the meal together after class, which can become a friends party like I mentioned above
4. How much do I charge?
This year, I’ll charge between 100 (three to four participants) to 150 (two participants) each time. Please feel free to invite your friends, coworkers, partners, kids, etc. to join you and get the cheaper price!!!
Else, I say everything would be pretty much like old times. All information is listed in earlier threads posted. Or you can contact me for more details at jessiezhou636@hotmail.com, 184 6918 0513, or WeChat “jessiezhou636”.
Enjoy delicious food, get to know local culture and meet people. Don’t be shy to this new experience. Let people around you know and join us right now!
Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

One more information. My South African husband is selling quality biltong (dried beef) and droewors (sausage).
Biltong and droewors are one of the most popular snacks back in South Africa and other parts of Africa, not easily available here in China though. Due to home-sickness, he started making his own biltong last summer and it was surprisingly welcomed among some expats in China. So he provides quality South African biltong and droewors to expats and Chinese who are open enough to trying preserved and dried raw beef.
In terms of biltong, we have traditional and chilly flavours; each selling for 400 RMB/KG, vacuum sealed and shipping excluded (10-20 RMB/KG depending on delivery location). Droewors is a new product and the price is pending so far, which will be decided on in this coming March.
Interested please add his WeChat (130 9532 2170) or phone to order, or simply for more information. Please note, each batch needs approximately 4-5 days to dry and another 3-4 days to be shipped to you. We strongly suggest you get your order in advance because every time a new batch is hung it all quickly gets pre-sold.

scally (127 posts) • +1

We ask that those offering goods and services as freelancers put their information in the classified ads section. @Jessie in Chengdu's info is there now.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.