GoKunming Forums

Decent Men's Clothing Stores

JessicaBaker (78 posts) • 0

My boyfriend is in need of some new jeans but I do all of my shopping on taobao so I have no idea where he could go. Online shopping wouldn't work because he likes to be able to try the clothes on first and if i don't find some where to look he will probably keep wearing them until they can no longer be classified as clothing x). If any one knows of any places that sell men's clothes that aren't toooo expensive that would be so helpful!

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@JB
Depending on his size - try the new luosiwan ultramegahug megopolis out in chenggong - plan on spending the entire day out there and bring a huge backpack - as if you find what you want - you'll want to buy in bulk.

WARNING
Whenever I go shopping for my significant others, I end up buying a ton of stuff for myself instead (and vice versa) - so be prepared - unless you're a dedicated Taobao fan!

The eternal (4 posts) • 0

no decent clothes for men, all clothing is usually bright fuzz accessories; as for shoes, has been a problem, it is the same story .... small sizes and designs very rare, I make shopping when I go to another country.

JessicaBaker (78 posts) • 0

Thank you guys! We will probably try the H&M store first. I have been to the new luosiwan and there seems to be some decent guys clothing but it does have to be an all day thing because of how far away it is and how hard everything is to find. @Laotou i know what you mean haha!! sadly i have recently spent most of my extra money on new clothes from taobao xD. He shouldn't have a problem with clothing sizes as he is very slim so i will give those places a try.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Size is not just an issue of being slim.
If your man is Caucasian he will have hips and thighs. I can get clothes that fit in the waist but are tight in the thigh and cut my nads in two if I bend over.

If you go to Luosiwan, there is an import/foreign section that have clothes originally destined for US/EU. These should be cut for Caucasians.

Failing that, I buy all my clothes in Marks & Spencers (UK clothing and food store) on my trips to Shanghai. Good quality at a reasonable price.

Related forum threads

Login to post