GoKunming Forums

Does anyone want a game of squash?

Ben81 (2 posts) • 0

Does anyone want a game of squash? I haven't played yet in Kunming but I know there are courts behind Kunming stadium on the corner of Renmin Xi Lu and Huan Cheng Xi Lu. They look pretty decent.

I've played a fair bit of squash but not at a particularly high level.

I'm hoping you can rent rackets there as well....

Ben81 (2 posts) • 0

Great, that's four people so we could book 2 courts and swap around.

Is saturday afternoon any good for people?

Laubis, could you text me the number for the courts so that I can book? Thanks.

Laubis (14 posts) • 0

Hey all,

here is some more info on the court and their rules.

The address:
昆明市环城西路42
It's opposite the sports hall with the pointy roof, walk past the outdoor exercise area and the parking lot until you see a vine covered 壁球馆

You should wear shoes with white soles, if you don't have any you can rent them for 5 kuai an hour.
Yes, Ben81, they have rackets. Rent is free, but you need to put down a 300 kuai deposit for a pair. One racket is also 300. They're strict about this.
A court is 30 an hour with a discount card, 35 without. If I'm there we'll use mine, you can buy your own if you're planning to play a lot.

Their number is 5323024, they're open from 8 in the morning to 10 at night.

We're playing tonight (Wednesday the 11th) at 8, I can play Saturday afternoon too (after 3:30).

nomadite (3 posts) • 0

Hi! I'm landing in Kunming in May and I'll be around until August. Hoping to start playing some squash when I get there. My level is average and I will just need to buy a racquet once I get there. Do you guys have space for an other player?

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

We are playing this Thursday 6:30pm. Most of us are at a decent level. Usually playing on Mondays and Thursdays around 6:30pm or 7pm. Rackets can be borrowed with a 300 yuan deposit if I'm not mistaken. Around the stadium there's several shops selling rackets for 150 to 300 yuan each.

nomadite (3 posts) • 0

Only arrived in Kunming yesterday afternoon. Just need to find my way around with buses etc. as I'm situated in the central district. Do you guys play weekends at all?

Related forum threads

Login to post