GoKunming Forums

Sprouts

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I notice the GoKunming Gallery had a close-up photo of brussel sprouts today. Are these available in Kunming? Could be useful to know with Christmas approaching. . .

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

I thought the same a year ago right before Christmas and asked them. The picture was taken at HaoBao. I called HaoBao and they told me they dont have them but will do their best to grow them for this Christmas. I have not asked them since, but you reminded me. I will call them tomorrow and let you know.

Ravi Gautam (20 posts) • 0

Sprouting is the practice of germinating seeds to be eaten either raw or cooked. They are a convenient way to have fresh vegetables for salads, or otherwise, in any season and can be germinated at home or produced industrially.

Maude (32 posts) • 0

I found some once at Metro but sadly it was in February so I don't know if you'll have any luck before Christmas...

I was recently given a packet of brussel sprouts produced by "Chennong Farm", Chenggong, Kunming. Apparently an organic farm producing veg for export. Some obviously gets through to the local market though.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

I have eaten Brussel Sprouts raw. While very bitter, they are still tasty.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I see, Dazzer - you don't want non-native speakers on this forum, and you think that Indians - and you are assuming Rajiv is Indian by nationality - are all non-native speakers.

Had some of the sprouts with my lunch today. Very good quality and tasty. Didn't try them raw, however...!

Related forum threads

Login to post