GoKunming Forums

Anyone in Chenggong?

danielgrenz (32 posts) • 0

Hi Archanbodus,
Did you end up finding a language school in ChengGong? What part of the city are you living in? Near the uni's?
I am considering to move there in the near future and would love to hear what you are finding in the city. How is rent?

Archanbodus (7 posts) • 0

Sadly, i did not...i found keats school in kunming and went there. Liked it very much. There might have been language schools in chenggong, but not where i was. I was near the science and technology university.
I found chenggong quite nice...sleepy, but nice...fresh air, rather cheap, all you need...except may be sport faciliies...it is clearly not a very lively place...but it is pleasant, and getting better as people move in.
What i particularly like about chenggong was the fresh air, and the silence...both a rarity in chinese towns.
It was easy enough to go into kunming...100 kai on the taxi ( although some did not want to travel into kunming)... That would take about 35 min to the bus station...or take 170, that would be 45 min into town...rather crowded, and unpredictable 170... Yet reliable..lol
Chenggong will get better and better as people move in

Archanbodus (7 posts) • 0

Sadly, i did not...i found keats school in kunming and went there. Liked it very much. There might have been language schools in chenggong, but not where i was. I was near the science and technology university.
I found chenggong quite nice...sleepy, but nice...fresh air, rather cheap, all you need...except may be sport faciliies...it is clearly not a very lively place...but it is pleasant, and getting better as people move in.
What i particularly like about chenggong was the fresh air, and the silence...both a rarity in chinese towns.
It was easy enough to go into kunming...100 kai on the taxi ( although some did not want to travel into kunming)... That would take about 35 min to the bus station...or take 170, that would be 45 min into town...rather crowded, and unpredictable 170... Yet reliable..lol
Chenggong will get better and better as people move in

amyluckly (1 post) • 0

well,Hi,all, i don't know my answer is be too late now, i just want to telling, i'm living in ChengGong, here is really nice,and very clean, quite,i am a chinese, so, if anyone need learning chinese, i'd like to help.and i have a big apartment, so, if you need to find somewhere to rest. just let me know, oh,by the way, Here I already have a foreigner, so, you don't have to worry about you will be boring.

my msn:callmeluckly@hotmail.com

yoland_yao (6 posts) • 0

hello,i'm working in chenggong,municipal government,i want to say i like the fresh air,the silence too,though it's far away from kunming center.

Related forum threads

Login to post