GoKunming Forums

KRFC Kunming Rugby Football Club

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

Thanks JJ and Janice

I will be away this wknd but I will try and contact them when I am back. I might be able to offer some free coacjing for the kids in exchange for a deal on the field. Worth a try anyway.

GreatNW (2 posts) • 0

Chengdu RFC is bummed you guys can't send any for our X-mas 7's. But, it would be difficult being so new. Keep playing and we will play you soon enough! Cheers!

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

Next time Chengdu! the numbers are growing. Thanks to the guys at your end for the info and all of the advice. we were gutted we couldn't make it as well.
A reminder to our guys - if any of you are able to and do want to go to Chengdu this coming weekend they'd still be happy to have you and slot you into a team. It sounds like a fucking blast with four other teams, food and beer catered for. Give me a personal msg and I can flick the Chengdu guys details on to you.

We'll be training as usual this weekend. I've been away and I haven't made any progress on the field yet but the idea is to have our first (light) contact session on Saturday. If anyone has any ideas for a field let me know...

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

Hi guys

Field question still in the air but Kiddy Fiddler and Falcon have been chasing some useful leads. I'm still yet to contact KIA as I have been away and I am now flat out at school with a Christmas production. Is anyone up for drinks on Friday night as a get together and a chance to meet and talk with Kunming Tiger about the direction of the club and our targets next year? I have said xmas production until about 8 30 in the North but on my scooter I should be able to make it back into the center of town or wenlin jie by 9 30...

Saturday is still going ahead! In the worst case scenario - if we can't get a field - and I'm hopeful that we can - we'll head back to the volleyball courts and our regular crowd of admirers.

kunming tiger (28 posts) • 0

Hi,

I have seen this thrread belately, I have a Rugby ball and hopefully have a Rugby jersey sent over by next year which will help as a sample for some playing kit.

This is going to come down to playing numbers, as for coaching the best teacher is experience and the best place to get that is on the playing field .

The IRB has various coaching materials online, rules and stuff like in the form of modules. The ARFU have translated them into Chinese as well.

Basics of Rugby are passing the ball backwards, respecting the off side rule and no blocking. This stuff you can learn playing touch but for the breakdown and scrums we need people who have played .

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

Last night Karl, Terry and I went up to Beichen to check out O'Reillys the new Irish pub. I'd already written them an email asking about sponsorship and the response after meeting their team last night has been very good. For starters they have offered to pay for the use of a field and for jerseys and possibly other kit. This is fantastic. To show our support we are going to head to their official opening party this Friday night - bring as many people as you can - its a pretty cool place with beers on tap, 2 floors and TV's showing sports (if they have them running in time).

I also just had a text from the Chengdu team and they would like to play against us in Kunming at either the end of Feb or the beginning of March. Again, this is a great opportunity so I told them hell yeah. Its not far away though so lets have one more week break from training (its Christmas after all) and then get into it. How does a run out on Sat 31st sound before heading out for a messy new years? If you know anyone who could be interested now's the time to get em to come. First game is not too far away....

mamasaidknockuout (53 posts) • 0

Kunming tiger only saw your post now thanks for the info.

Tomorrow night everyone come to O' Reillys for the opening night.
Should be good fun.

And we defo need Green jerseys for the kit now!

kunming tiger (28 posts) • 0

There is a software program that people use to design stuff like clothes (hopefully Rugby Jerseys) which I hope to get my hands on soon Effectively we fiddle around with different designs until we get something we like. Merzei suggested using the emblem /insignia of the flying tiger with the club initials on the left breast. I thought maybe we could use the pub's name and the clover leaf across the front or torso area and on the back you could have your name and a number.

Related forum threads

Login to post