GoKunming Forums

Digitising books

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Re: flipping pages, I think that is why @Geezer recommended having the spines cut off. So that the book can be put in a feed tray.
You can always get them re-bound afterwards.

I would never have thought of cutting the spines off, good tip.

jonssmith1 (10 posts) • 0

Manga Creators Ask Book-Digitizing Shops to Stop:A group of seven Japanese writers and manga artists approached the Tokyo district court on Tuesday to seek legal action against two book-digitizing shops. The group believes the shops are violating Japanese copyright law by producing copies of manga and other works without the authors' permission.

Keigo Higashino (Heads), Jirō Asada (Mibu Gishiden), Arimasa Osawa (Koryu no Mimi), Mariko Hayashi (Niji no Natascha), Go Nagai (Cutey Honey, Mazinger Z), Kenshi Hirokane (Human Crossing), and Buronson (Fist of the North Star) are asking the Scan Box and Scan x Bank shops to stop reproducing copyrighted works. In September, a group of 122 manga creators joined seven Japanese publishing companies to sign a letter of concern to over 100 book-digitizing shops in Japan. Many shops announced they would stop book and manga-scanning practices, but Scan Box and Scan x Bank have not complied with the authors' and publishers' request, according to the seven creators' attorney Kensaku Fukui.

Scan Box advertises on its website that it will scan customers' books for a fee of 200 yen (about US$2.60) per centimeter of book thickness. Another typical shop offers to cut the pages out of one book and scan them for 800 yen (about US$10). The shop will also scan one book without cutting it apart for 2,500 yen (US$32). Because such copies are claimed to be for individuals' private usage, these policies remain in a gray area under Japanese law.

www.howardjohnsonhotelsorlando.com

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Great!!! Thanks jonssmith1. Next time I'm passing Japan on the way downtown to Kunming from Heilongtan I'll be sure to look out for one of these. Hmmm.......

Related forum threads

Login to post