GoKunming Forums

repair iPod touch?

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

Yesterday, after 1year and a few months, my iPod stopped working. My only guess is just a little water that could have got inside.

The screen is black (as if it was closed) and pressing the buttons doesn't make any response. Just dead.

I went to the apple repair store and because my warranty expired a few months ago they said that to repair it will cost almost as a new one.

Is there anything that can be done?
If I have to throw it, can I at least recover the data from the block notes?

Thanks

antony73 (1 post) • 0

Looks like you've lost it, sorry for the bad news. There is an Apple store here, but water damage is not something that can usually be fixed. Which is why water dammage is not covered under warranty. I do sympathize, my ipod has gotten a little glitchy recently. The best thing is go out and get a new one and then see if one of the tech guys can transfere the data. Good Luck!

DiegoDave (16 posts) • 0

You have probably tried this but...

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

I've known others who thought their ipod was beyond repair and they did not try the above.

Good luck!

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

No response at all... It just died.
What makes me angry is that it didn't fall into a big amount of water, I took it out of my rain coat to close it and put it back. It just got a few drops of water for a few seconds. This iPod never felt down. It got broken too easily.

I'll have to stay with my Nokia N70...

Thanks for the help anyway!

Related forum threads

Login to post