GoKunming Forums

Left my phone in a taxi

AlexWH (1 post) • 0

I just realized that I must've left my phone in a taxi. Is there any way to get it back, or is it gone forever?

I don't remember anything about the taxi, I would recognize the driver if I saw him though.

Thanks

Alex

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

You can TRY to call the taxi complaint hotline - but I don't think the taxis have a central communication network (they're mostly franchised) - so without the taxi ID (aka license plate) - to add to @Chingis - SOL...

roberto (24 posts) • 0

If your phone is really precious you can try to broadcast a public radio message (ask a chinese friend to help you) and you can promise a tip to the driver if he gives you back the phone..a guy did that to get his bass guitar back and it worked..good luck!

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

A taxi driver once spent a great deal of time and effort trying to locate me and return an iPhone; knocking on neighbours doors, sounding his horn. The noise annoyed me and I looked over my balcony ready and willing to throw abuse but there was my taxi driver happily waving my phone and accompanied by a clutch of approving neihgbours. He wouldn't accept anything as a reward. There IS hope but how to make it possible if the driver is willing?

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

If you do a public radio broadcast be prepared to receive a never ending stream of junk SMS. I know, its your phone that was lost, but you're going to have to give a number so the person who finds it can get in touch (perhaps a friend's mobile). Once you broadcast a phone number on public radio your SMS inbox will never be the same again. We did that a couple of years ago when I stupidly left baby pushchair in the boot of a taxi. Never got it back but did get a lot of sales SMS/calls.

laowa (2 posts) • 0

If you own(ed) an Apple iPhone 4 use "mobile Me" (auth.me.com/[...] To send a "delete all" Command To the iphone (assuming you setup you phonenr. and Provider before). After getting back your old one OR buying a new one

laowa (2 posts) • 0

with the "RESTORE" Command from iTunes startet On your computer your total recovery can completed. After the "Delete" Command via mobilMe all Data On your Lost iPhone has been deleted.
Good Luck...

Related forum threads

Login to post