GoKunming Forums

Seeking place to get away

SashaFierce (4 posts) • 0

I agree with Naturallychina. My friends and I just returned from a trip to Yuanyang. It was incredible and even during the national holiday the place was very empty. It is not a popular travel spot for Chinese people. We stayed in the Sunnyside Hostel. It was my first experience with a hostel, but it was great. Yuanyang is peaceful with the most fantastic views and places to hike. I highly recommend it.

bojnin (3 posts) • 0

Yes, Sunny Guest House is a friendly place.
Just next to it just opened a hotel with rooms called Jacky's. I don't know how good it is, but the Jacky in question speaks excellent English and has travelled in many mountain ranges. Apparently many Swiss travellers and hikers are expected.
Just in front of Jacky's pened a few days ago a restaurant. It's about 30kuai per person for food to stuff your belly for days. You choose what you want to be cooked from the fridge. The cooking is apparently done on the floor. There were 2 waiters watcing us the whole time, checking our cups were always full of tea. Strange.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

There are plenty of places you can find here in my website

WWW.HUGOYUNNANTRAVEL.COM

If you have any questions - do NOT hesitate to call or email

Hugo

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

@bucko - would love to look at your Mile info some more, as i'll be travelling to Mile soon, but having to press 'stop' every page turn on your tune of a guy who sounds like he's having trouble curling one out is doing my nut. 我的两份

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Just outside Lijiang (less than 5km) is a national park type area call (I can't spell) Shu He

There are no cars, you can walk to the Naxi village and Naxi Museum, and frescos. You can bus/taxi into Lijiang, short trip to snow dragon mountain.
ShuHe is very quiet, but has some bars and restaurants, and guest houses.
Costs to get in (was 70RMB 5 years ago) but ticket valid for at least 3 days.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

@hedgepig- LOL about the tunes. You're the first to give me negative fb on that. Still, sorry but the player starts with a page refresh and this cannot be silenced except hitting stop. How bout picking a new tune?

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

okbears - stay at Kevin's Trekker Inn in Shangri-La - they are family friendly and cosy. They even have a website at www.kevintrekkerinn.com. Erikluv also knows this place.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

@bucko — Great website. Thanks for posting photos, info, and yes, I even like the music.

I don't have a car. Can one get to Mile by bus?

Related forum threads

Login to post