GoKunming Forums

WTF!?

EnglishTeacher (101 posts) • 0

This ad is in classifieds at the moment. Actually there's two.

My friend a biz woman looking for a native English teacher, age 20-30, ok looking, have experience in teaching, pay good, teaching time flexible, please send your information and photo to 13987135400@163.com, and call 13987135400 asap, urgent.

WTF! Is she looking for a boyfriend or a teacher! "ok looking" by who's standard? "pay good (at least 100)" it says in the other ad. Hello!!!!!!!! 100 RMB is NOT, I repeat, is NOT "good pay". This is 2011 not 2006.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

An advertisement like that is just begging for spam replies. Pictures of Quasimodo aged 25, a twenty year old warthog, a 21 year old grumpy looking British bulldog with mouth ulcers........

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

It's pretty standard practice in Asia to include a photo of yourself on your resume. In South Korea they also like to know about personal stuff like age, marital status, kids etc.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

If you're paying money for a private tutor - I see nothing wrong with screening to avoid potential nightmares...although the ad does have a rather eccentric tone.

Like I said, is she looking for a teacher or a boyfriend? I have no problems with the photo bit as much as I have a problem with the "good pay". What a joke! Everything's has gone up. Oil, rice, rent, etc. That 100 RMB ain't gonna cut it.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Perhaps is should read:

'My friend' - me

Looking for a paid male companion. Must be able to teach me some English as well as being 'eye-candy'.

@tigertiger
You hit it right on the head! I think maybe she's looking for someone in the hopes of having a relationship with him. She's probably a lonely businesswoman.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@EnglishTeacher
So - if she's looking for a date - does that take the sting out? She'll compensate the first date by the hour. If I was younger, single, and adventurous (oh...and handsome and maybe perhaps non-asian), I'd create a new screen name (eg MrGigolo) and bite.

Regardless - isn't it a bit harsh to flame the ad? Also - I didn't notice the ¥100 per hour thing in either ad? ahem...

@latou
Yes, your right. It's not there now but it was there.Tintin (the poster) must've modify the ad after I send him an e-mail :-) when it first came out.

Related forum threads

Login to post