GoKunming Forums

Arrived in Kunming three days ago...

strick01 (2 posts) • 0

Looking for a chill bar to meet up with other English speakers.... Any suggestions? I'm not that picky, just haven't learned the language yet and miss socializing

mingbai (18 posts) • 0

There are plenty of choices. Salvador's on Wenhua Xiang near Wenlin Jie (green lake area) is a great place to eat/drink and socialize.
There are other coffee shops on Wenlin Jie that would do too (French cafe, Vintage).
If you want a real bar though then you have the Chapter1 (on the same street) or Moondog bar, 1895 bar or The Mask in Kundu area. Those places are best to go to on weekends though.

Check the events on this websites for interesting nights held.

Welcome :)

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

The Box is a hang-out for long-term expats, who can probably answer other questions about the region. Good italian food/drink, too.

Yunjoy Coffee has recently re-opened in Wenhua Xiang, in the ground floor of the Korean restaurant opposite the Mei Er jewelry store. It's a good place to chat over good, inexpensive coffee.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

May I also suggest going to one or more of the English corners in Kunming? The one I generally go to takes place starting around 7pm I think, although you'll probably find people there from 6.30 or even earlier. It takes place every Thursday evening on the shores of the green lake more or less opposite the big green lake hotel. One nice thing is that you'll find plenty of local Chinese English speakers that can also be very useful contacts for your stay in Kunming. A couple of expats and tourists also tend to join the mix.

Laura boo (3 posts) • 0

Hello

I can see you arrived at the end of August but if you are still keen on meeting other English speakers, me and my husband arrived in Kunming three days ago.

We are both 29 years old and from London. We are planning on living here for the year so would be really keen to meet new people.

If you fancy meeting for a drink one night that would be great.

Laura.

Related forum threads

Login to post