GoKunming Forums

WARNING! Do not work for this school!

tanya386 (3 posts) • 0

This is an ad currently posted on jobs offered. If you take this job you will regret it later!

TEACHING IN JINGHONG

We have a training school and a kindergarten in Jinghong.We want a teacher who can teach all ages.

For details,don't hesitate to call Leon at 13988153778 or email leoninjinghong@gmail.com

**I moved my family down to Jinghong because of the job offer I had from this school (after several talks with the boss on the phone & meeting this Chinese dude Leon in Kunming). Pretty much everything we previously agreed to they didn't honor; the salary, hours, travel money, visa, contract, etc. Even though I needed the job, I finally just decided to cut my losses and quit to keep my integrity. They weren't doing what was promised, plus other dishonest practices with the students parents, etc..

I never missed a day, nor was I ever late, but felt totally disrespected in so many ways. I've been teaching English in China for more than 4 years and this was the worst school by far!
My wife is even from Xishuangbanna (which if she wasn't I'd probably gotten screwed over worse than I did).
I just posted this as a fair warning to other foreigners. If you want to take this job, make them put EVERYTHING in WRITING with their seal to notorize it BEFORE you move there, otherwise they will deny any such verbal agreements they may make with you!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Thanks for the warning! We need to let other teachers be aware of these type of shady schools. Thanks for sharing!

Related forum threads

Login to post