GoKunming Forums

Private school feedback

paulb (22 posts) • 0

I'm wondering if people can post feedback regarding the private schools they have attended in Kunming. It seems like on this forum people with complaints are the most vocal with starting new topics, but maybe there are people with good experiences who are just keeping quiet. The schools I am interested in are ones that can issue a student visa. Thanks!

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

I enjoyed my intermediate classes at KMUST in the north, but other students said their beginner classes were no better or worse than most places.

My workmates said they enjoyed Keats. I've heard their tuition went up, and the classes are more crowded than before, but they said they were still much better than other private schools.

EnglishTeacher (101 posts) • 0

I went to Keats for a year (in 2006) and it was a fantastic experience. It was one-on-one classes. The price has since gone up as with most things in Kunming. But my experience there was good.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

Excellent experience at Keats again this year. Have been there several times before. They always deliver the goods.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

Keats is a small private language school. They traditionally did very expensive one-on-one Chinese classes. Then recently they had a promotion for small language classes for 2700 RMB a semester. Last I heard the price for their small classes was around 4,000 RMB, or maybe a little less. I don't remember exaclty.

Olga Kozerog (22 posts) • 0

Thank you very much to everybody! You are great! :))
Is it single good language school here? I have son 15 years old, looking for options of regular+language school for him and language lessons for me. Not too expensive and good. Also visa's issue for 2 of us - would like to get my visa from school as a parent. Please, advise. May be Keats will be the solution for us?

Related forum threads

Login to post