GoKunming Forums

Clubs in Kunming

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

@TuDou77

Going to a nightclub to hook up and try to get laid is a global phenomenon. In most parts of the world people go to bars to get loaded or get laid.
Nothing to do with tourism. I go to bars for the same reasons at home or away.

It's nothing to do with race. When I am in America I shag mostly America girls, when in France I mostly shag French girls, when in Scotland I mostly shag Scottish girls, when in China...
I see a pattern here, do you?

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

TuDou77 - Well if Kunming had a sex tourism problem, you'd never notice it - this is not Thailand, Cambodia or the Philippines. On an average day I can walk through downtown and not see a single foreigner. Try that in Bangkok or Hanoi - indeed, there are few places I've been to anywhere in the world (and I've been to a lot of places!) where it's still possible to see only locals and such a large amount of homogeneity - it's like going back in time 50 or more years when most countries where like this. I mean, I thought the world has become a global village with people of all races and creeds everywhere you go, but Kunming has been left behind it seems (for now).

Therefore to conclude I'd say that the 100 foreigners (I know it's way more than this, but this is what it seems like to me) living in Kunming who want to go to clubs should be allowed to pick up girls here. Foreigners are so rare in this city that most girls look at us and think "wow" look at this guy, maybe I should go out with him, because it's cool to be associated with a foreigner. Equally we look at the attractiveness of the local women and know that unless we are complete assholes that we stand a good chance. Hopefully we will treat them right and not use them in the wrong way. All in all, most foreigners go to clubs in Kunming to have a good time and maybe pick up some women, just like the local men do and just like people all over the world do when they go to clubs.

jonssmith1 (10 posts) • 0

Kunming is the capital and largest city of Yunnan (云南) Province in Southwest China. It was known as Yunnan-Fou (云南府, Yúnnánfǔ) until the 1920s. A prefecture-level city, it is the political, economic, communications and cultural centre of Yunnan, and is the seat of the provincial government. It is also home to several universities, museums, galleries and other important economic, cultural, and educational institutions. The headquarters of many of Yunnan's large businesses are in Kunming as well. It was important during World War II as a Chinese military center, American air base, and transport terminus for the Burma Road. Located in the middle of the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, Kunming is located at an altitude of 1,900 m above sea level and at a latitude just north of the Tropic of Cancer. It covers an area of 21,473 square kilometres (8,291 sq mi) and its urban area covers 2,081 km². Kunming has population of 6,432,212 including 3,055,000 in the urban area and is located at the northern edge of the large Lake Dian, surrounded by temples and lake-and-limestone hill landscapes.

www.howardjohnsonhotelsorlando.com

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

For a better clubbing experience I would recommend "The Club":
www.gokunming.com/en/listings/item/the_32878/the_club

Good music offering a good alternative to all the mainstream material you'll get in the Kundu clubs. The place is not too big, but there's a dance floor (rather unique!) and they get decent DJs who know what they're doing and are not afraid to dive into the underground of music.

The place also seems to attract larger crowds by the week!

Related forum threads

Login to post