GoKunming Forums

organic farms?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

I have asked some of my friends at some of the four major Yunnan Provincal agricultural educational institutions for a list of what they consider to be "organic" "farms" in Yunnan. It will be in Chinese and I will try to post it here when I and if I get it with the proviso that "organic" is defined by various standards. Some "organic certifications" are "purchased." Some are not verified or followed by the farming companies staff. Some companies who follow the highest standards have to charge more for their products.

AdwoaAbokoma (25 posts) • 0

Bang-Bang Store is a social enterprise managed by Runtu Eco-livelihood Promotion Center supporting rural farmers through interdependent cooperative life style with city dwellers. The idea is to promote traditional agriculture species without feed, additive, hormones, pesticide, herbicide or chemical fertilizer.

All eco-friendly products are directly from small producers including snacks, brown sugar, honey, jam, non-GMO Tou-fu, vegetable, fruit, dry mushroom, bean, grain, free range chicken, egg, pork, ham, sausage, rapeseed oil, spice and personal care products. We also have a farm in the north suburbs of Kunming.

Every Wednesday and Saturday we deliver organic vegetable, egg and meat. They are not certified but from households under our PGS (Participatory Guarantee System) project.

Related forum threads

Login to post