GoKunming Forums

Visa Questions

Jeff0923 (7 posts) • 0

My family has 1 year multi-entry tourist (L) visas and I have a multi-entry student (X) visa. I'm suposed to get a residence permit within 30 days and when my family initially got their 1 year visas, they didn't plan on any stays longer than 30 days so their visas currently say they have to leave every 30 days.

Currently, they plan on being here with me the entire time. We're working on getting them added to my student visa (Yunnan University said they'd help with that) but the issue we have is that we haven't found a place to live yet and our initial 30 days is already up. Is there a way to get an extension to the original 30 days for myself and my family without having to go to Hong Kong or Vietnam or without having to pay 900~RMB at the Kunming Visa Office?

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

First you have to obtain your own residence permit after changing your x visa .you don't have to live in long term place before obtain it you can even live in a hotel or hostel and take the receipt.After you obtain your visa you can apply residence permit to your wife, daughter, son, or parents as long as your residence permit allows you.

Related forum threads

Login to post