GoKunming Forums

Rent negotiable ads - Argh!

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

I do find it frustrating to see places for rent but they don't put down a price, or they say negotiable. Same goes for stuff for sale. There should at least be an anchor price, as everything in China is negotiable. The anchor price if part of the hook.

It is also interesting to see what places are going for elsewhere in the city, as most of us think of moving at the end of our contracts. I am looking for a place, but don't wish to go on fishing expeditions. If ti is not in my price range I won't bother to search for where in the city it is, let alone respond.

I am sure I am not the only one who may be interested but does not respond to incomplete classifieds. It is a bit like driving down the highway and seeing a car parked by the side of the road with 'FOR SALE' on a piece of card in the windshield. I don't even know if I want to stop, and so I don't. Now if the card said '$5000' I would guess the car was for sale and would make a decision, 'am I interested in stopping to ask more?'.

somenick (107 posts) • 0

Welcome to China. If you're planning to stay, start changing whatever logic you had from back home... cuz this plant aint changing anytime soon

Krismoonpie (80 posts) • 0

I totally agree with Dazzer in the case of posting ads online and I don't think it's just a China thing. For me it's not just the vague price of the thing or service in question that is the issue, it's the complete lack of information in the ads that makes me freak out. Here's my example of an ad that makes me want to scream 'WTF?!'

For Sale:
Bike - 250
Computer (like new) 2000 kuai
Guitar - 300
TV - 250

Washing machine - 400

All prices negotiable.

Please, please, please elaborate on the brand and model number of your goods to give potential buyers a better idea of what they may or may not want to waste their time asking about. I.E....

Bike: Giant brand 18 speed 'Mountaineer' 21" frame

Computer: Compaq Crapmaster 2000 18" display 4g Ram 260G HD Dual core 2ghz cpu

Guitar: Sunstar 'brilliance' acoustic steel string with pickup

TV: 24" LCD Haier 2505

Washing machine: Front-loading Philips 1850

Save us all some time please.

Related forum threads

Login to post