GoKunming Forums

Legal weapons.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

I think there is an element of inflated one-upmanship going on here. Also, expats - European or USA are not always truly representative of their home country. I sometimes think Chinese get a bad impression.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@dan
America has a chronic recreational drug problem and a diverse racial and cultural population. It's not an issue of American or European - it's more an issue of exposure to violence, racism, hate crimes, and just plain bullying.

The USA also has a love affair with our firearms. In case you're advocating gun control - Mexico has strong gun control laws - so only the violent criminals have guns...just like Washington DC used to be. Heavy gun control - so we can't even defend ourselves.

Whichever path you choose - be it passive or aggressive resistance - don't be lukewarm - you'll suffer. Profile the enemy - know the consequences of your actions - both immediate and long-term, the legal, social, and psychological impacts.

If you see bad weather - will you wait for it to strike or prepare appropriately?

Violent crime in the USA is deadly. There's no such thing as "shoot to wound" in combat - that's the "walter mitty" of pipe dreams from people who've never fired a weapon. Too much hollywood.

If you choose to defend yourself aggressively - then commit, study, and practise - hence the rather technical and precise language - impersonal, cold - definitely violent. If you want to arm yourself - there is no middle ground - when you commit to neutralize an aggressor - you must be fast, precise, ruthless, deadly, compassionless, and thorough. Don't guess you knocked them out - whack them good and hard on the head - whack the body full strength to test for reaction - break an arm and or a leg so they can't get up and come at you again.

As I said before - most criminals in home invasions or muggings work in packs - like wolves or wild dogs. The one in front is the distraction - it's the one you can't see that you have to worry about.

So - if you're not committed to doing the deed and being thorough about it - you're inviting a heap of pain for you and your loved ones. I'm not advocating homicide - but I'm definitely warning you - if you decide to defend yourself - you'd better do serious potentially irreversible bodily damage. You do NOT want the perps to have the ability to come after you for a LONG time - and it's easier for the police as damaged criminals are more docile - aside from the whining.

If you're not prepared to engage in deadly combat - don't even think about resisting. Combat philosophy is kill and maim or be killed or maimed. Believe or not - I hope you never have to decide.

And as JJ pointed out - don't waste your breath posturing - you'll lose the element of shock and surprise - and you'll need all the advantages you can get - because you'll be facing multiple aggressors.

You don't want the perps to stop and think - you want them to react reflexively, instinctively - without thought - run away - crazy guy with a baseball bat...or crazy guy with car keys gouging people's eyes out.

If you can't execute or hesitate or fail - I guarantee that baseball bat will be used on you and your family - those car keys will now become your pariah.

So if you choose to resist - study, practise - you want the things you do to be reflex - instinctive - so you don't have to think - no hesitation, no mercy, pure primordial response - and don't stop until you've completely neutralized ALL relevant local threats. BE Walter Mitty...

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The advice from most police forces is to just give an armed person what they want.

The original post did mention abduction however, I am not sure many people would just give up a child, or themselves.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Forget the mace spray, the baseball bat and all the Jackie Chan stuff outlined above. Simply go to Metro, buy some French sticks from the new bakery. These are the original weapons of mass destruction the USA could never find. Carry one of these with you and never be afraid again.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Yep, you gotta get them fresh. In my last city I worked out that 11 am and 4pm were the best times to go. Recently baked and not sold out.

I need to work out the baking times in Kunming Metro, get them fresh and straight in the freezer.

The best Kung Fu Crusty loaf has to go the Walmart in Zhengzhou, theirs was crusty all the way through, even when fresh.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@nnoble
Regret to disagree with you - but those qualify as international war crimes and threats to US National Security - subject to a multitude of interagency black ops rendition programs.

The US banned french bread as a result of a sulky dispute with France over the Iraqi invasion - all french bread is now labelled "freedom bread" to avoid domestic drone attacks.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I have been told that what constitutes a legal weapon is based on the age of the person carrying it. Over 50 and you can carry a stun weapon legally. Under 50, and it is not legal. I'm sure other weapons also fall into these catagories, but I don't know the details.

Related forum threads

Login to post