GoKunming Forums

KMG--Lijiang to Dali--KMG

triathlete (8 posts) • 0

OK need some advice...of course I will ask around.....
I'm gonna fly into Lijiang on Friday the 3rd of June.....planning on hiking the Gorge on Sat and Sunday.....advice on place to stay near the hike on Friday night...then where to stay on the trail itself.....
From Lijiang on Monday, take a train to Dali.....need advice on where to stay in Dali on Monday night.....sorta near the fun.....
On Tuesday, gonna take the train back to KMG......
Any and all advice is welcome....
Thanks, Tom

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

Hey, i was in Dali and Lijiang a few weeks back.

There is a rest house at the middle Gorge hiking area. The room rates are pretty cheap. The name of the hotel is a lady's name. Sorry can't remember the exact name. There is another one called Sean's inn/ Sean's spring hotel. Anyway, along the way, you can find many hotels. Not a problem. On the trail itself, you can find a few different hotels at the different points of the trail.
HOWEVER, make sure you have a map of the trail/hike( you can get this from the bus driver that brings you to the hotel or at the hotel). Bus ride from Gucheng to the mid Gorge took us about 3 1/2- 4 hours. Please have someone's number( maybe the number of the hotel that you stay in on Fri) with you just in case of emergency. The trail can be lonely.
In Dali, you can stay at Sleepy Fish Lodge ( British/American owner). I liked it there. Place is clean and you can get western breakie.Although it is in the old city and is near to the shopping area, the lodge is situated at the end of the street. Not a prob if you like to walk.

Hope this trip work out well for you.

Related forum threads

Login to post