GoKunming Forums

who really know Ira? slanderer

Jasmine620 (10 posts) • 0

I decide not slient anymore.even if I believe The rumour stops when it comes to a wise person.I have to let people know the whole true,and know a girl's ugly heart.
the girl from Isreal.her name is Ira,actually not I meet her first.someone give her my email,so she contact me,ask me for some model and acting job.

last month,a movie shooting in Ban ba.they need a foreign girl acting in it.the producer come to see few girls,finally,he want Ira acting.so I email to her about the acting.we bargen few times.she want 1000RMB every day,even if no acting work.I try to explian to her,if you didn't work,the crew can't pay so much.I think everyone know,film-maker always try to force price down.as a agent,I try not piss off

the film-maker,and also satisy the foreigner require.and I don't want work for free.anyway,the crew need she arrive to Ban na in 12th morning,11th night,she tell me she won't come to ban na.in the short

notice,impossible find an fit girl replace her.under her black mail,I have to accept her price,and I have to tell her,if she didn't come,will ruin the social network with these crew.and bag her,please help these film-maker shooting the beautiful movie,you will show your beauty to people..

few times bargen makes me tired,and a little angry,she seems only consider herself and her money!I explian to her so many times,but she seems die hard,so I said:dui niu tan qin.this is a Chinese idiom.she seems misunderstand.actually this idiom mean is someone can't understand another person's mean.not rude.not mean she is stupid.maybe in wesren, is bad.but not in Chinese.by the way,
in India is Therion.people respect very much!

after she finally went to ban na,I have apologize and explian it to her many times,but she just ignore it.after she went to ban na,I text her,have a good trip,I believe you will have a happy acting experience.she ignore it too.

during she acting in Ban na,she try to skip over me.she kiss producer ass,ask him directly give her money.who know she use what speical way,makes producer agree give her money.she lie to these crew,said I ask her stop acting,I black mail to her for make the producer agree directly give money to her.

a Kunming guy contact with this movie's crew,and get this job.and he ask me looking for foreign girl for this role.he have some friends work with this movie too.
22th,Ira finish work and back Kunming,but she didn't contact me.

someone told the guy,producer give Ira money.and these crew will leave Kunming soon.
22th night,he can't sleep,in 5a.m 23th,he finally find the hotel of crew stay.when the producer saw him,he is so unexpected.

becuase his effort,we just didn't lost money.but because Ira,producer fired the assistant director.and the Kunming guy pissed off by the producer,in the future,for sure,he won't let this Kunming guy work for him.he lost a business social network.and future business.

Ira try to cheat me and the guy,and take all money.without us,she can't get this job,but she back the cheat,lie,rude,steal to us!

I didn't expect how bad she is,so before this things happen,I didn't ask where she stay,where she study.so I call some foreigner ask if someone know where is she?

who know what happen,maybe the producer ask her back money,or the producer promise will give her money,but still didn't give her.anyway,few days later,Ira ask me pay her money.

but before the work finish,she did so many bad things.she lie,said some bad words about me to these crew,she try to take the money,before I pay her.if 23th morning,the Kunming guy didn't go to find producer,we all work just get zero! if she really didn't get money,it's because her bitch behaviour!

besides,at 23th morning,the Kunming guy bring 25guys,force producer pay money.he pay some money to these guys.

I told Ira,these money never deliver to my hand.the Kunming guy take the money.23th morning I didn't go to find the producer.
but she insist black mail to me.makes me so upset.finally I said;whatever!

she have the Kunming guy's number.so she ask a Chinese come with her,go to meet the Kunming guy.she told the Kunming guy,she will skip over me,in the future directly work with the Kunming guy!

hey,anybody,if you have did agent work,or suppose you are an agent,if a actor always try skip over you,and take all money,how you can still be nice to her?do you like work for free?

my friend,an Englishman,heard her behaviours,said: kick her out of China!

she try to ask the Kunming guy give her money,but he refuse.if we have contract,her behaviour already make her lost money!

some foreigner have cheat me in the past.I am appreciate this time,the Kunming guy save our money.

2005,a English girl,I bring her meet director,let her get a role.when she finish her part,she go to meet the assistant director without me.take all money,including my commision! I got angry.but at that time I just start do this work,I haven't any idea for take back my money!

last year,a tall American guy,name is Nathan.one night,I work at

Green lake hotel,because of my work,he get a small role,I ask the assistand director pay money to him,so he get pay,but he never think about my commision.

I know him,another agent know him too.this woman send him meet director before me,he get this role.but later,this woman fired by producer.so I do all the work,find foreigner,translater...so he think,I do all these work,I should get the commision not that woman.he talk with producer,and the producer agree his require.because I trust him,and want prove nice to him,I told account send money to his account.after he get the money,he can

give commision to me later.but second time,he break promise.refuse pay commision.he take all money!

in the whole acting process,I carry his stuff,wallet,camera,clothese.I take photo for him when he acting,I translate his script.help him find and prepare his line.
besides,I help him move his furniture to new apartment,bargan with landlord,and equipment seller,when I smell he have hircismus,I gave him Antiperspirant Gel,when he move to new apartment,I help him clean,cook.buy some kitchen stuff....

I did so many things for him.many crew thought he is my boyfriend.but all I get is,he take the commision.never grateful to me!

and more shameless things is,when the fired woman ask him pay commsion to her,he told this woman,he gave to me!!

when I told him,friendship is more importent than money.he ask me back the 500RMB commision first time pay he gave to me,after I did so many things for him!!!

Jonathan,the femous good actor who live in Beijing,he thought Nathan is my boyfriend as well,he told me:Nathan is bad,he always firting with my assistant.

I teach him,in China,any work need good social network,so he went to meet director,producer and send some small stuff as gift.but I never get any gift or any grateful treat from him.
as he said himself: asshole!

now,I swear,I won't let anyone cheat me anymore!

I have met many foreigner in Kunming,most people is nice,some guys very polite nice and friendly.

but always have few guys so crazy,greedy,selfish,asshole,bitch!
some guys not worth pay any help and kind!

I am different with some Chinese people who never contact with foreigner.not all foreigner in China is playboy,also not all foreigner is gentleman.depend on where he\she from,and his education experience.

AnnAurora (36 posts) • 0

Even if you feel that your reputation has been damaged there is no need to write her name or calling her nasty things. Furthermore I wounder why it's always the same story. The reason why people are "cheating" you is mainly because they feel like they can't trust you. What happened between Nathan and you is sad and it wasn't very nice of him to take advantage of you. But as a professional you should be able to keep this kind of things apart.

There is no need to give things for free but it's never a good thing when the people that you are working with feel cheated by you. I understand that you aren't necessarily to blame when things don't work out. However when working with you, you often give the impression that you don't care about preserving your relationship with the foreigner, only to the client and the money. If you could make the foreigner believe that you honestly want their best you would have much less trouble finding people that want to work with you.

I know this doesn't match well with your way of looking at your situation. But instead of thinking that I'm a silly girl who only write this because I don't like you, it would be better if you could see the whole picture.

did you read what he write who claim ira's friend?he don't know the truth but start a rumor about me,and write my name,and link about photo.one things I didn't do same with him,actually I have many pics of Ira.

why you didn't say I take the risk of Nathan?he didn't lost any,but get many help and money and some gift from me.what I get?nothing, he use me!what I lost?money,time,the wish of kind to people.yes,I will always remember the guy who hurt me so deeply.Nathan Mcleod

a femous host in Yunnan Tv station,one time I attend her class,she said she never expect all audience like her.a movie star,she have many fans,but still have some people don't like her,and start a rumor about her.
I just a normal girl.how I can expect all people likes me?

someone said:we can't zip people's mouth,we can't change the world,all I can do is try to be myself well.

I already know some foreigner said some bad words about me,but before that,if he didn't make some serious things.I just letting go.
this time,I contradict rumor after the name is Ira's friend write these untrue things.I just beat back.

Mao ze dong said:if someone didn't infringe me,I won't infringe him,if someone infringe me,I must infringe him back.

some foreigner I have met is nice,they treat me nice,friendly with me,so I like him\her too.and always appreciate her\his kind.

AnnAurora (36 posts) • 0

Even if her friend said things about you that aren't true your purpose should be to contradict that persons statement rather than calling her names. It makes you look bad. This forum is for foreigners and you work with foreigners. That's why it is of intrest for people who read this forum to know weather or not you are a good and reliable agent. Even if this girl did all the things you say she did there is no point in publishing her name. I don't know about Chinese law but according to my countrie's law you are the one guilty of slander, not her.

And I understand that you are upset about Nathan but the thing is that if you don't make a deal before you start to give a person things (as a professional) you can't just expect that person to pay you back. No matter where that person comes from.

And last, in your profession, don't you find it slightly problematic if people that you make a living out of feel that they can't trust you?

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Jasmine, since things don't seem to be working out for you why don't you try a different line of work? I could offer a few suggestions.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Jasmine
Agree mostly with Ann about the name calling - it's unprofessional - although fair is fair - explorerred published your picture - which was actually quite a nice picture. My father (quoting an old chinese proverb) used to ask, "If a dog bites you, will you bite it back?" The executive management strategy is, if you can't kick it away or kill it - ignore it, but don't use the same tactics - that's called "baiting" and you're reaction is precisely what the opponent wants you to do. Be different...unpredictable. Professionally, NEVER respond to name calling with retaliatory name-calling.

Instead - be infinitely more elegant, refined, mature, and professional - e.g. ask your happy clients to respond for you - which I notice one or two have already done - but you should be aware that more people seem unhappy with the relationship than happy.

For future reference, when you hire or interview new clients, provide character references (aka ask your happy clients to provide professional references for you) to support your brand.

You MAY also wish to ask your new prospective clients for the same - character references - simple questions - such as nice person, honest, integrity, trustworthy, reliable. You'll figure the right formula for questions as you gain more "people" skills. This will also give you an opportunity to expand your database of transient expats interested in acting/modeling work.

I know you're angry as your reputation and good name is your brand and you definitely have issues with explorerred.

I'm assuming these jobs are mostly unskilled labor without written contracts. You MAY want to consider executing simple written contracts with the expats - even though they're unenforceable. When the contract is fulfilled or completed - have the other party sign an acknowledgement that they've been paid in full and or ask them to comment on their experience - good or bad - as this will help you explain to your foreign clients what they can expect - good and bad.

Most of the foreigners you recruit here are obviously amateurs and don't understand the entertainment and or Chinese pay structure - always complicated by the producers and directors trying to cheat here and there. In short, they may have unrealistic expectations. For example, when you quote ¥100 an hour - that's usually on-screen time. Actors in China are usually not compensated for standing around and waiting time, or they MAY (highly doubtful) be compensated at a considerably lower rate (e.g. ¥3-8 per hour - if even that much).

So clarifying things in a simple and consistent contract would be quite helpful to your business, to eliminate confusion, misunderstandings, and unrealistic expectations. Keep your contracts VERY simple - they're unenforceable, so you can skip most of the traditional nonsense legal garbage and only include the BARE essentials. Ask your more well-educated english speaking buddies to help you out - a simple contract should only be one (1) A4 sized page, including the signature bars. And don't forget to get your clients (the expats) to sign the contract AFTER the job is over - as evidence they've been paid in full.

Good luck - hope the quality of your relations with future clients continues to improve.

as I said before,the guy start a rumor about me,he\she publishing my name,and link of my photo,how about his behaviours?in your country,if a guy break in your home,do you have right kill him?at least in America,it is legal.
human in the world is equality,no matter his skin,language...but seems you have two different system of value.to foreigner always nice,even if he\she slander,did some nasty things.anything can be forgive.
to Chinese,anythings is wrong,illegal.your law is only for foreigner,not for Chinese.

the guy like a mouse,dare to slander but timid show his name,all I know is Ira's dog.if he is really an animal,yes,I will kill him or kick him away.but

unfortunately,he is a human.I just self-defanse.

actually,before that,I have write many email to Ira,explain to her so patience.but she insist black mail and lie to me.eventually,i am tired for that,so just letting go.

I didn't slander.slander mean is say something not true.
I just let people know the truth.who make it?what time?for what things?
if someone don't believe,I have some witness can prove what I said is true.
not all foreigner deserve respect and nice treat.

have you read the novel<journey to the west> in the way of catch dream,I am not the Tang seng,can't recognize the moster or devil wear human's skin.until the devil almost eat him,he just realize,and sui wu kong come to save his life.

you seems expact me always nice to anyone,even if he\she cheat me,steal money,use me,always smile to anyone? even if the guy hurt me,slander,cheat,take money away?
come on,I am not blind.

not only foreigner have human right,me too.besides,there is China.my country.now is not end of Qing dinasty,foreigner can rop mineral,value jewel from China at random.

a song sing: if a friend come,we have good wine waiting for you,if you are wolf,gun is waiting for you.

I didn't expect Nathan pay me back,if I will,I have many chance take the money back.but I didn't.actually all these help to him is overtop as an agent's duty.he didnt back any grateful to me,just want get more money from me.

in this way,some foreigner,if I treat him nice,he will back nice to me,but some guys,teat him nice just makes him more greedy,selfish.

a farmer save a snake in cold winter,but eventually,the snake eat his child.

this forum is for foreigner,so I have to let people know the true,not just listening some bad foreigner's rumor.some kind foreigner should blush about these bad foreigner made bad reputation in Chinese.

my Chinese friend blush talk with a foreigner in bar,because in many Chinese mind,foreigner in Kunming is loser,poor,playboy.when other Chinese saw she talk and sit close a foreigner,they pay the strange eye to her.

an American actor from beijing,he told me,he don't like these foreigner in Kunming,so many trash.the foreigner in Beijing or shanghai will be better,in American much better.

I know not all foreigner so bad as their describe.have some foreigner is nice.but where the bad reputation from?because some foreign trash behavior in China.

thanks for Laotou's advice,I have made some contract about foreigner before.but still have to explain many times for the new foreigner in everytimes.one page contract can't make him understand.

some agent in Kunming only run Chinese actor and model,seems more easy and clear.in some small case,no need contract.or explain so many.
no wonder some agent use to did foreigner agent,but give up later.

thanks for someone's advice about other job.I would like listening your advise.
I am different with these unprofessional foreign extra,just for fun or make some pin money.I have idea about my career.the foreign extra not my only one work.

Trickydicky (3 posts) • 0

Jamine, business can be very tricky, and I believe laotau has given you some very intelligent tips, move in that direction and you will cover everyones backs and make life so much easier.

I would also say that other comments on here appear to show a distinct lack of manners and decorum. As previously stated, could those who were supposedly "cheated" produce a valid residence/work permit ?

I have been in and around China for over 30 years and lived for a while in Kunming but soon got sick and tired of the apparent low class back pack expats that seem to outnumber the professionals.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Trickydicky, Im suprised that the 0.0001% of the population of Kunming that make up the backpack expats made your life such a misery.

And Jasmin, have you ever thought of becoming a hand model?

hand model?what you mean?joke?irony? or you serious?I don't think I can do hand model.just get injured because repair the suitcase.the scar still on both of hands.

yes,business can be very tricky,as a agent,have to insure both my money and the foreigner or model's pay.have to make the client,actor\model\extra happy..sometime I am tired for this.some foreigner always complian about some guy will cheat him,who know I have work for free few times? spend money and time for nothing.

but at least a good things,when someone inmanners,or slander,or misunderstand,push me try to improve my Chinglish.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.