GoKunming Forums

need your help for a quiz

miachou (6 posts) • 0

could you finish the quiz about Chinese learning strategy if you are a English-speaker? it can be done online in 5 minutes. I'm a Chinese teacher researching for the better way to learn and teach of Chinese. hope can get your help. thanks so much!
www.sojump.com/jq/567389.aspx

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I did visit the link to your 'quiz' before. Looking at the design, and the wording of the questions, it appeared that you had already decided what the outcome of the 'research' should be. And that you were only looking for data to support your ideas.

That is not research. That is why I did not complete, or even start, your survey.

Sorry if that sounds rude.

JingWei (30 posts) • 0

I also had a quick review of your questionnaire.

Tiger judgement might be a bit harsh but there are reasons for it. Like him I felt the survey was too loaded for me to be comfortable about answering it.

It seems that you have underestimated the importance of the question phrasing. Your questions are not neutral, they are "loaded", the "right" answer is induced in the way you asked your questions.

After reading your survey I think it says a lot about your pedagogic bias. It is an interesting piece of chinese discourse about language learning. At such it will probably have some value for outsider researchers. However, your survey value to prove of disprove your hypothesis is highly questionable.

Besides the loaded questions, your survey is pretty long, many questions are open to interpretation, and some terms are extremely culturally defined/loaded.

My guess is that you are a major in linguistic and you did not took the time to talk with a fellow student with a major in social research.

Sorry about the strong criticism but someone has to tell you.
I wish you that those criticism will allow you to improve your survey.

All the best

Related forum threads

Login to post