GoKunming Forums

Kunming outskirts

the_quiet_gent (4 posts) • 0

Hi everyone,
Anyone familiar with HaiTun Road
WuHua District of Kunming? Wondering about bus transportation out that way? Weather about same as center-city Kunming? Googled it and it looked like it had some industrial type businesses out that way.
Thanks.

Kunmingpete (2 posts) • 0

Hello Quiet Gent,

I unfortunately work in this area. I found an english teaching job there while I was living in Canada. Had I known where it was I would have reconsidered...Dust, garbage, open sewers, traffic and transport to the city center takes between 30-60 minutes. If you take bus 113 from Haitun it is CROWDED and quite a long uncomfortable haul. It's the only bus that passes on Haitun. Other options are the minibuses that take you to Huangtupo. From there you can take a variety of buses to many places.
Good luck!!
Peter

the_quiet_gent (4 posts) • 0

Hi Peter,
Thank you for this helpful posting. If you have time, would you email me at quiet_gent49@yahoo.com? I have a couple other Qs re: the English teaching job. If I may ask, are you at YCBM? I originally posted the Q, given that I'd seen YCBM on another board. If and when you have time, please drop me an email. Thanks, Johnny

Related forum threads

Login to post