GoKunming Forums

Accomodation Near Yunnan Normal University

os.elocin (5 posts) • 0

Hi, I'm arriving in Kunming to study at YNNU in Feb '11. I do not want to stay at the dorms/student housing.

I was hoping someone here could recommend a hostel/hotel/service apartment that is within walking distance or short bus ride away from YNNU. It will only be temporary, less than 3 weeks, until I find a place to rent for the year.

If you have any advice or tips on areas/suburbs to rent that would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks! :)

lovesiwo (30 posts) • 0

sorry, not very helpful but i am also doing the feb 11 semester and am in the same boat - want to get my own place but need somewhere to stay in the meantime.

have e-mailed the school about it so can pass on whatever info i get..

zhang84 (5 posts) • 0

hello everyone, i'm also interested to study in kunming this feb 11. i already checked some universities in kunming such as YNU, YNNU,etc and can't decide which one is the best for studying chinese language. is there anyone can give any further information? thanks before...

miachou (6 posts) • 0

YNNU and YUN are good colleges. both of them are professional in teaching. i tought Chinese in YNU. but in terms of the living condition and the administration, YNNU is better than YUN. besides, YNNU is the first college to set the major for foreign students. hope it's helpful and welcome to kunming.

Cathleen (1 post) • 0

Shi guang jun yuan service apartment maybe a good choice. For some of my USA and Korean friends choose there. Besides, It takes around 20 minutes bus to get to YNNU

douoduchen (3 posts) • 0

Hi,I have one available room.It's not fancy but I can teach you Chinese for free.Rent is also not high.I'm a teacher who's writing a book about teaching foreigners speak Chinese in a short time.I need some students.I can also teach you read or write Chinese or grammar in any level.I have more than 3 years experience of teaching Chinese at school.But i need more for my book.
Plz send me an email if you are interested.

zhang84 (5 posts) • 0

Hello! Thanks miachou, i already decided to study in YNNU and got both the visa application form and enrollment letter. Just need to arrange things up. Cu all in YNNU this feb'11 semester!

lovesiwo (30 posts) • 0

zhang84, what level are you going to do? and have you gotten any info about outside accommodation from the uni?

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

Take but #55 to the old West bus station, get off and walk to the opposite of the street. Walk down the alley you see descending and you'll find a cluster of zhaodaisuo (hostels) serving students, and maybe you. The Think UK apartment complex is next door. I don't know the prices but they can't be too high. Expect simple accomodations.

zhang84 (5 posts) • 0

Hello lovesiwo, i think i'm gonna take the elementary level since i can't speak much chinese, what about you?

I haven't asked about the outside accomodation, just already asked them about the transportation. The univ told me that they can arrange someone to pick us up in the airport,that's kinda cool. When will you come to Kunming?

Related forum threads

Login to post