GoKunming Forums

2nd hand bicycle in kunming

simon4 (3 posts) • 0

Hi there
Looking for 2nd hand mountain bikes in Kunming. If you have information on this or is thinking of selling your bike about 200rmb in good condition. Please leave me an email. Thank you.
Simon4

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You will not get a bike in good condition for that money. There is a huge market in stolen bikes in Kunming, but for 200 you are not going to get anything good.
2nd hand-stolen bikes seem to go for about 30-50% of new cost.

The only descent supplier of 2nd hand bikes is on here a lot and usually charges 60-80% of new cost, but most of these bikes are almost new, and he seems to have a legit supply.

Mister H (14 posts) • 0

Unless you really know bikes really well, I would advise you to not buy second hand bikes, especially Chinese brands. It seems like Chinese bikes are shitty even though they are new.

Also, if you buy from anyone, remember to bargain like a merchant from India.

If you need a bike for everyday use for a long period of time, you should buy a Giant or something like that. It will be a lot pricier, but you will have something that won`t fall apart right away.

Buying a bike is one of the most frustrating things I've done in this city, but in the end it is also one of the best things I've done.

Related forum threads

Login to post