GoKunming Forums

Direct flights to Kathmandu?

explorerred (26 posts) • 0

I had heard that there are now direct flights from Kunming to Kathmandu, but I can't seem to find one. Anyone know if this is true or not? Maybe the flights only run in the summer (we want to go in January)? Thanks!

explorerred (26 posts) • 0

So if that's the case, does anyone know of a travel agency that can arrange an Indian visa so we don't have to go to Guangzhou? The idea of going to Kathmandu was to get a Nepalese visa on arrival and then an Indian visa there. If we could get Indian visas in KM, we would just fly direct to Kolkata.

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Air China, China Southern & Thai Airlines have in-direct flights to Kathmandu. A reliable source told me starting next month (January), China Eastern will once again resume a direct flight to Kathmandu.

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Some additional details on this thread: My reliable source told me CHINA EASTERN will resume DIRECT flights to Kathmandu from Kunming beginning at the end of December 2010. At the moment, flight numbers have yet to be assigned, but there will be a single flight on Wednesday, Friday & Sunday of every week at 12:30PM.

As for VISA for India, I have been told only flight crew members and members of a tour group are able to obtain visas for India from Kunming. Perhaps you can call a travel agency for more details.

Related forum threads

Login to post