GoKunming Forums

Zhengyi Road Street Market

Hugh&Sylvie (13 posts) • 0

Can anyone tell us what has happened to the Zhengyi Road Street Market?
It hasn't been ther for the last 7 days. We relyed on the tahini and Peanut vendors for our supply.

emmi1 (8 posts) • 0

Are you referring to the trade fair? The market stalls on Zheng Yi Lu tend to be temporary every few months. As far as I know anyway. I used to go past there every day for 6 months and those fairs are only up for a few weeks at a time.

If you want tahini and peanut butter there is a lady who sells them at the weekends in the large market beside the train tracks between Jian Shi Lu and Hong Shan Dong Lu. She is on the right as you go in from Hong Shan Dong Lu and she makes them herself.

pengo (14 posts) • 0

the market in xin wen lu 新闻路 (where the kundu is), has a small shop that only sells sesame oil, sesame paste (tahini) and peanut butter. Seems pretty clean place too.

Thanks for the input everyone. We had been under the impression that the the stalls along Zhengyi Road were on a weekly schedule, they were there when we visited 2 years ago in December for 3 weeks, and had been there ever since our arrival here in August this year.
The market near the kundu does indeed have a stall selling both peanut butter and tahini and we picked some up today to enjoy.

The stalls on Zhengyi sell better product however, stone ground and lightly roasted.

So if anyone has any more ideas as to where we could find those vendors we'd love to know.

Master Shake (20 posts) • 0

Next time you see them ask for their business card (míngpiàn). I'm sure they're not roaming around western China flogging tahini during the times when they're not on Zhengyi Lu. You can probably even get the stuff delivered if you buy in quantity.

Thanks for the brainwave Master Shake
Here is a phone number we found on an empty jar of their delicious tahini, 13708494559.
We are not fluent enough to make a phone call like this.
If someone can do this and share the info with the rest of us it would be really appreciated.

Related forum threads

Login to post