GoKunming Forums

cycling yunnan in a week

BootsyGarlic (9 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG
I hope the weather will be good otherwise we will stay home watching the european cup... haha, thanks a lot Sir.

BootsyGarlic (9 posts) • 0

@Peter99
Thank you for your warm welcome (I'm not sarcastic, and not sarcastic writing I'm not sarcastic) behind your message I see you are a nice person

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Bootsy whats going to be your food on the journey? You gonna bring along sandwiches and burgers etc, or stick to rice-noodles and such? Sure you need a good burger on the route now and then?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Actually Alien, you'll be lucky to find anything but instant noodles on parts of the route. Why do you make such vague assumptions on a route you never cycled?

Also Peter99, stop with your useless comments.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

There will be plenty of great food on the route. Mind that the Shangrila-Baishuitai stretch did not have anything last time I rode it. Best thing was a bucket of instant noodles at 九龍, but, you can buy some drinks here and there. Best to just bring a bladder of water and a bunch of snacks, such as Dali bars.

Did you know they have a higher calorie content than most energy bars? Perfect for long-distance cycling.

For the rest, you can eat nearly everywhere in Yunnan. Just walk into whatever looks like a restaurant and march into the kitchen and point - even if you speak Chinese, it's the best way to a hearty meal. I've rarely been disappointed, whatever the food criticasters may tell you.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Alien. Your forgiven, I think you were just baited by that worthless comment of Peter99.

@bluppfisk. Yeah, any restaurant you find open on that ride just tastes great, though sometimes I think it's just after riding 10 hours, anything resembling a meal at a table is heaven.

The Noodle King (54 posts) • 0

@bootsy, peter wants to know: did you come to the forum for advice, an argument, or abuse?

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

The suspicion was simply that due to a sensitive date, the forum was being distorted. Maybe was, maybe not, no big deal, just go on with your cycling issues.

Related forum threads

Login to post