GoKunming Forums

Chinese Residence Visa - Is it single or multiple entries?

coolchinx (1 post) • 0

Are you sure it's a study permit and that you can work? What are the legalities regarding working. I am of the impression that it's issued to spouses and that you cannot work, which is strang. How are you supposed to support your family?

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

The posters above are right, better re-register after you come back. I also got a call from the PSB last week, why i did not came register... altough i did. They just forgot to change the date on the registration (they all love copy-paste), so they thought i did not came to re-register with my new visa. Tells me they check every once in a while...

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Yes, they are cracking down recently. I also had a house call last week. They wanted to know who was really living in my place and to see their passports. Since someone who was registered at my place was in Vietnam, they couldn't see his passport, but they told me he must go re-register as soon as he re-enters China.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I can see celarly that the PSB are really cracking down and following the regs recently. They are not kidding and they take this matter seriously. If anyone has to be interviewed / investigated, you will be given a sheet of paper with your rights. However, they are written in Chinese. One of your rights is to have an interpreter. So be careful.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I also think the PSB are enforcing their own rules more seriously now, but the local PSB calling, visiting is nothing new,,but it seems they haven't been so serious with this for a year or so.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

This happen when the Olympics were held in China. Now with the terrorists acts happening more frequently, expect more of this.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I travel out of China often so this new rule is really very tedious. However, no matter how ridiculous this may seem, we have to register within 24 hours upon re-entering China, regardless of how long you were out of country. The PSB is not fooling around now so you better comply.

I know they will be tired of me coming into their office every few months but it must be done.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I have a residence Permit. Does a trip into Hong Kong and back count the same as leaving the country, does anyone know?

Related forum threads

Login to post